Le difficoltà d’accesso all’abitazione da parte degli immigrati Una indagine di campo
AbstractForeign people face increasing housing problems in Italy. The goal of the paper is the analysis of these difficulties through an empirical investigation, based on data of a direct survey on estate agencies, which in Italy represent the main brokers in the housing market. The results highlight the relevance of discrimination against foreign people both in leasing and in buying an house. Those difficulties are observed even if the typologies of dwellings required by foreigners are usually different from those demanded by the local population. In particular foreigners require dwellings of lower quality (e.g., smaller or older flats in low value neighbourhoods)
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University of Modena and Reggio E., Faculty of Economics "Marco Biagi" in its series Department of Economics with number 0653.
Length: pages 27
Date of creation: Apr 2011
Date of revision:
foreign migration; housing; discrimination;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- R21 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Household Analysis - - - Housing Demand
- R23 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Household Analysis - - - Regional Migration; Regional Labor Markets; Population
- R31 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Real Estate Markets, Spatial Production Analysis, and Firm Location - - - Housing Supply and Markets
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-05-30 (All new papers)
- NEP-HME-2011-05-30 (Heterodox Microeconomics)
- NEP-MIG-2011-05-30 (Economics of Human Migration)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ahmed, Ali M. & Hammarstedt, Mats, 2008. "Discrimination in the rental housing market: A field experiment on the Internet," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 64(2), pages 362-372, September.
- Marina Murat & Barbara Pistoresi & Alberto Rinaldi, 2011.
"Transnational social capital and FDI.Evidence from Italian associations worldwide,"
Department of Economics
0654, University of Modena and Reggio E., Faculty of Economics "Marco Biagi".
- Marina Murat & Barbara Pistoresi & Alberto Rinaldi, 2011. "Transnational Social Capital And Fdi: Evidence From Italian Associations Worldwide," Journal of Economic Development, Chung-Ang Unviersity, Department of Economics, vol. 36(4), pages 1-15, December.
- Marina Murat & Barbara Pistoresi & Alberto Rinaldi, 2011. "Transnational social capital and FDI. Evidence from Italian associations worldwide," Center for Economic Research (RECent) 058, University of Modena and Reggio E., Dept. of Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Monica Morselli).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.