Household Production and the Household Economy
AbstractHousehold production is the production of the goods and services by the members of a household, for their own consumption, using their own capital and their own unpaid labor. Goods and services produced by households for their own use include accommodation, meals, clean clothes, and child care. The process of household production involves the transformation of purchased intermediate commodities into final consumption commodities. Households use their own capital and their own labor.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by The University of Melbourne in its series Department of Economics - Working Papers Series with number 759.
Length: 13 pages
Date of creation: 2000
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Department of Economics, The University of Melbourne, 5th Floor, Economics and Commerce Building, Victoria, 3010, Australia
Phone: +61 3 8344 5289
Fax: +61 3 8344 6899
Web page: http://www.economics.unimelb.edu.au
More information through EDIRC
PRODUCTION ; HOUSEHOLD ; LABOUR ; CAPITAL;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D13 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Household Production and Intrahouse Allocation
- D1 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Merz, Joachim, 2009.
"Time Use and Time Budgets – Improvements, Future Challenges and Recommendations,"
16304, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Joachim Merz, 2009. "Time Use and Time Budgets – Improvements, Future Challenges and Recommendations," FFB-Discussionpaper 78, Research Institute on Professions (Forschungsinstitut Freie Berufe (FFB)), LEUPHANA University Lüneburg.
- Joachim Merz, 2009. "Time Use and Time Budge. Improvements, Future Challenges and Recommendations," Working Paper Series of the German Council for Social and Economic Data 85, German Council for Social and Economic Data (RatSWD).
- Joachim Merz, 2009. "Time use and time budgets: Improvements, future challenges and recommendations," Working Papers 125, ECINEQ, Society for the Study of Economic Inequality.
- Merz, Joachim, 2009. "Time Use and Time Budgets: Improvements, Future Challenges and Recommendations," IZA Discussion Papers 4358, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Pratt, James E., 2009. "The Regional Economic Value of Nonmarket Household Production Time: Combining an I-O Framework with Time Use Date," Journal of Regional Analysis and Policy, Mid-Continent Regional Science Association, vol. 39(1).
- Homemaking in Wikipedia (English)
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Marisa Cerantola).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.