Post Walrasian Macro Policy and the Economics of Muddling Through
AbstractThis paper expands on my earlier discussion of Post Walrasian macroeconomics policy. (Colander and van Ess 1996) First, it defines what I mean by Post Walrasian macroeconomics. Second, it discusses some of the theoretical differences between Post Walrasian and Walrasian macro theorizing as they relate to policy. Finally, it discusses how an acceptance of Post Walrasian economics might change the focus of macro policy discussions.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Middlebury College, Department of Economics in its series Middlebury College Working Paper Series with number 0322r.
Length: 15 pages
Date of creation: Dec 2003
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Other versions of this item:
- David Colander, 2003. "Post Walrasian Macro Policy and the Economics of Muddling Through," International Journal of Political Economy, M.E. Sharpe, Inc., vol. 33(2), pages 17-35, June.
- David Colander, 2003. "Post Walrasian Macro Policy and the Economics of Muddling Through," Middlebury College Working Paper Series 0322, Middlebury College, Department of Economics.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Colander, David, 2000.
"The Death of Neoclassical Economics,"
Journal of the History of Economic Thought,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 22(02), pages 127-143, June.
- David Colander, 2003.
"Muddling through and policy analysis,"
New Zealand Economic Papers,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(2), pages 197-215.
- Joseph E. Stiglitz, 1993. "Post Walrasian and Post Marxian Economics," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 7(1), pages 109-114, Winter.
- Bill Gibson, 2007. "A Multi-Agent Systems Approach to Microeconomic Foundations of Macro," UMASS Amherst Economics Working Papers 2007-10, University of Massachusetts Amherst, Department of Economics.
- Peter Hans Matthews, 2004. "Who is Post-Walrasian Man?," Middlebury College Working Paper Series 0412, Middlebury College, Department of Economics.
- Bill Gibson, 2008. "The Current Macroeconomic Crisis," UMASS Amherst Economics Working Papers 2008-02, University of Massachusetts Amherst, Department of Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Vijaya Wunnava).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.