Beyond Coping. Risk Management in the West Bank
AbstractConcerned with the equation of risk management behaviours, the research analyses whether risk management in context of armed conflict is different to that observed during natural disasters and economic crises. Based on the case study of the West Bank during 2000-2004, this investigation uses primary data about household’s perceptions, the Palestinian Expenditure and Consumption Survey and a conflict data set to explore how the characteristics of the occupationproduced shocks unfold into the household’s risk management. The distinctive features observed in the risk-related behaviour of West Bank Palestinians indicate that the standard risk management framework needs to be adapted to intregate the endogenous, multidimensional and dynamic nature of conflict-produced shocks.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by MICROCON - A Micro Level Analysis of Violent Conflict in its series Research Working Papers with number 42.
Length: 70 pages
Date of creation: 2011
Date of revision:
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-03-19 (All new papers)
- NEP-CWA-2011-03-19 (Central & Western Asia)
- NEP-RMG-2011-03-19 (Risk Management)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Guerrero Serdan, Gabriela, 2009.
"The Effects of the War in Iraq on Nutrition and Health: An Analysis Using Anthropometric Outcomes of Children,"
14056, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Gabriela Guerrero-Serdán, 2009. "The Effects of the War in Iraq on Nutrition and Health: An Analysis Using Anthropometric Outcomes of Children," HiCN Working Papers 55, Households in Conflict Network.
- Gabriela Guerrero-Serdán, 2009. "The Effects of the War in Iraq on Nutrition and Health: An Analysis Using Anthropometric Outcomes of Children," Royal Holloway, University of London: Discussion Papers in Economics 09/01, Department of Economics, Royal Holloway University of London.
- Carlos Bozzoli & Tilman Brück & Nina Wald, 2011.
"Self-Employment and Conflict in Colombia,"
Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin
1098, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Carlos Bozzoli & Tilman Brück & Nina Wald, 2011. "Self-Employment and Conflict in Colombia," Research Working Papers 43, MICROCON - A Micro Level Analysis of Violent Conflict.
- Carlos Bozzoli & Tilman Brück & Nina Wald, 2010. "Self-Employment and Conflict in Colombia," HiCN Working Papers 82, Households in Conflict Network.
- Alwang, Jeffrey & Siegel, Paul B. & Jorgensen, Steen L., 2001. "Vulnerability : a view from different disciplines," Social Protection Discussion Papers 23304, The World Bank.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (John Spall) The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask John Spall to update the entry or send us the correct address.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.