An Extended Global Simulation Model: Analysis of Tariffs & Anti-Dumping Policy Impacts on Prices, Output, Incomes, and Employment
AbstractThis technical report brings together two papers on the linear and non-linear versions of the multi-region trade simulation model known as GSIM. It outlines a modeling strategy for the partial equilibrium analysis of tariff and antidumping policy on a global level. The framework is scalable, employs national product differentiation, and allows for the simultaneous assessment of trade policy changes (duties and undertakings), at the industry level, on a global, regional, or national level. Results allow the assessment of importer and exporter effects related to tariff revenues, exporter (producer) surplus, and importer (consumer) surplus. With additional data, national employment effects can also be fit into the basic framework. NOTE the *.zip archive includes Excel template models, and the technical papers that explain the model.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Institue for International and Development Economics in its series IIDE Discussion Papers with number 20090803a.
Length: 34 pages
Date of creation: Aug 2009
Date of revision:
GSIM; antidumping; partial equilibrium model; trade policy modeling; simulation model; global markets;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F17 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Trade Forecasting and Simulation
- F14 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Empirical Studies of Trade
- F21 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - International Investment; Long-Term Capital Movements
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-08-30 (All new papers)
- NEP-CMP-2009-08-30 (Computational Economics)
- NEP-INT-2009-08-30 (International Trade)
- NEP-MIC-2009-08-30 (Microeconomics)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Vanzetti, David & Peters, Ralf, 2010. "Impact of Tariff Reductions in NAMA and Agriculture WTO Negotiations on GCC Common External Tariffs," 2010 Conference (54th), February 10-12, 2010, Adelaide, Australia 59175, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (iide webmaster).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.