As The Implosion Begins . . .? Prospects and Policies for the U.S. Economy: A Strategic View
AbstractThe U.S. economy is probably now in recession, and a prolonged period of subnormal growth and rising unemployment is likely unless there is another round of policy changes. A further relaxation of fiscal policy will probably be needed, but if a satisfactory rate of growth is to be sustained, this will have to be complemented by measures that raise U.S. exports relative to imports.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Levy Economics Institute, The in its series Economics Strategic Analysis Archive with number 01-7.
Date of creation: Jul 2001
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.levyinstitute.org
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Richard Peach & Charles Steindel, 2000. "A nation of spendthrifts? An analysis of trends in personal and gross saving," Current Issues in Economics and Finance, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, issue Sep.
- A Lusardi & J Skinner & S Venti, 2001.
"Saving puzzles and saving policies in the United States,"
Oxford Review of Economic Policy,
Oxford University Press, vol. 17(1), pages 95-115, Spring.
- Annamaria Lusardi & Jonathan Skinner & Steven F. Venti, 2001. "Saving Puzzles and Saving Policies in the United States," JCPR Working Papers 220, Northwestern University/University of Chicago Joint Center for Poverty Research.
- Annamaria Lusardi & Jonathan Skinner & Steven Venti, 2001. "Saving Puzzles and Saving Policies in the United States," NBER Working Papers 8237, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Dimitri B. Papadimitriou & L. Randall Wray, . "Fiscal Policy For the Coming Recession: Large Tax Cuts are Needed to Prevent a Hard Landing," Economics Policy Note Archive 01-2, Levy Economics Institute, The.
- Wynne Godley & L. Randall Wray, . "Can Goldilocks Survive?," Economics Policy Note Archive 99-4, Levy Economics Institute, The.
- David Alan Aschauer, . "How Should the Surpluses Be Spent?," Economics Policy Note Archive 98-2, Levy Economics Institute, The.
- Joerg Bibow, 2004. "Fiscal Consolidation Contrasting Strategies & Lessons from International Experience," Macroeconomics 0402014, EconWPA.
- Paolo Sylos Labini, 2009. "Prospects for the world economy," PSL Quarterly Review, Economia civile, vol. 62(248-251), pages 59-86.
- Salomón Kalmanovitz, .
"El Banco de la República y el Régimen de Meta de Inflación,"
Borradores de Economia
193, Banco de la Republica de Colombia.
- Salomón Kalmanovitz, 2001. "El Banco De La República Y El Régimen De Meta De Inflación," BORRADORES DE ECONOMIA 002460, BANCO DE LA REPÚBLICA.
- Anwar Shaikh & Dimitri B. Papadimitriou & Claudio H. dos Santos & Gennaro Zezza, 2003. "Deficits, Debts and Growth: A Reprieve but not a Pardon," Economics Strategic Analysis Archive 03-10, Levy Economics Institute, The.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Marie-Celeste Edwards).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.