No arbitrage condition and existence of equilibrium in infinite or finite dimension with expected risk averse utilities
AbstractWe consider a general equilibrium model in asset markets with a countable set of states and expected risk averse utilities. The agents do not have the same beliefs. We use the methods in Le Van - Truong Xuan (JME, 2001) but one of their assumption which is crucial for obtaining their result cannot be accepted in our model when the number of states is countable. We give a proof of existence of equilibrium when the number of states is inÃ¯Â¬nite or Ã¯Â¬nite.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by LERNA, University of Toulouse in its series LERNA Working Papers with number 08.27.271.
Date of creation: Oct 2008
Date of revision:
Other versions of this item:
- Thai Ha Huy & Cuong Le Van & Manh Hung Nguyen, 2008. "No arbitrage condition and existence of equilibrium in infinite or finite dimension with expected risk averse utilities," Working Papers 20, Development and Policies Research Center (DEPOCEN), Vietnam.
- C62 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Existence and Stability Conditions of Equilibrium
- D50 - Microeconomics - - General Equilibrium and Disequilibrium - - - General
- D81 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Criteria for Decision-Making under Risk and Uncertainty
- D84 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Expectations; Speculations
- G1 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-11-04 (All new papers)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Allouch, Nizar & Le Van, Cuong & Page, Frank Jr., 2002.
"The geometry of arbitrage and the existence of competitive equilibrium,"
Journal of Mathematical Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 38(4), pages 373-391, December.
- Allouch, Nizar & Le Van, Cuong & Page, Jr. Frank H., 2001. "The geometry of arbitrage and the existence of competitive equilibrium," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 598, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Page, F.H.Jr. & Wooders, M.H. & Monteiro, P.K., 1999.
The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS)
561, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Page Jr., Frank H. & Wooders, Myrna Holtz, 1996. "A necessary and sufficient condition for the compactness of individually rational and feasible outcomes and the existence of an equilibrium," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 52(2), pages 153-162, August.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Maxime MARTY).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.