A Decomposition of Ricardian Trade Gains
AbstractTeaching trade patterns and trade gains under the Ricardian trade model is one of the most difficult tasks for teachers of international economics. We propose that the utilization of both the PPF and a labor market graph makes the understanding of Ricardian trade gains much easier.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Graduate School of Economics, Kobe University in its series Discussion Papers with number 0922.
Date of creation: Mar 2010
Date of revision:
Trade Gains; Ricardian Trade Model; Graph of the Labor Market;
Other versions of this item:
- F10 - International Economics - - Trade - - - General
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ronald W. Jones, 1995. "The Discipline of International Trade," Swiss Journal of Economics and Statistics (SJES), Swiss Society of Economics and Statistics (SSES), vol. 131(III), pages 273-288, September.
- Krugman, Paul R, 1993. "What Do Undergrads Need to Know about Trade?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 83(2), pages 23-26, May.
- Jones, Ronald W., 2010. "Art works in international trade theory," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 64-74, January.
- Maneschi, Andrea, 1998. "Comparative Advantage with and without Gains from Trade," Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 6(1), pages 120-28, February.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Kimiaki Shirahama).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.