Langzeitarbeitslosigkeit in Deutschland: Fakten, Ursachen und Bekämpfung
AbstractDieser Diskussionsbeitrag beleuchtet das Thema Langzeitarbeitslosigkeit aus der Perspektive neuerer wissenschaftlicher Forschung. Es wird einerseits ein Einblick in neuere empirische Fakten und Ergebnisse aus der Arbeitsmarktliteratur mit Fokus auf Deutschland gegeben. Andererseits werden Argumentationsmuster zum Thema aus der neueren makroökonomischen Literatur vorgestellt. Schließlich werden potentielle Maßnahmen und Handlungsempfehlungen gegen Langzeitarbeitslosigkeit im Lichte der Literatur bewertet. Im Bereich der Reformvorschläge existiert wenig Literatur, die mit quantitativen Empfehlungen zur Problemlösung beitragen kann. Viele der Vorschläge können als Denkanstöße interpretiert werden. Long-Term Unemployment in Germany: Facts, Causes and Countermeasures This paper deals with long-term unemployment from the perspective of recent contributions to the topic. We present recent empirical facts and results from the labor economics literature with a focus on Germany as well as new arguments from the macro literature. We also evaluate potential measures against long-term unemployment in the light of the recent literature. We conclude that most of the literature does not offer reliable quantitative policy conclusions.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA) in its series IZA Discussion Papers with number 680.
Length: 29 pages
Date of creation: Dec 2002
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: IZA, P.O. Box 7240, D-53072 Bonn, Germany
Phone: +49 228 3894 223
Fax: +49 228 3894 180
Web page: http://www.iza.org
Postal: IZA, Margard Ody, P.O. Box 7240, D-53072 Bonn, Germany
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- J30 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - General
- J60 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - General
- J64 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Unemployment: Models, Duration, Incidence, and Job Search
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2003-01-27 (All new papers)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Cobb-Clark, Deborah A. & Hildebrand, Vincent A., 2002.
"The Wealth and Asset Holdings of U.S.- Born and Foreign-Born Households: Evidence from SIPP Data,"
IZA Discussion Papers
674, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Deborah A. Cobb-Clark & Vincent A. Hildebrand, 2006. "The Wealth And Asset Holdings Of U.S.-Born And Foreign-Born Households: Evidence From Sipp Data," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 52(1), pages 17-42, 03.
- Deborah A. Cobb-Clark & Vincent Hildebrand, 2003. "The Wealth and Asset Holdings of U.S.-Born and Foreign-Born Households: Evidence from SIPP Data," Social and Economic Dimensions of an Aging Population Research Papers 89, McMaster University.
- Cobb-Clark, Deborah A. & Hildebrand, Vincent, 2003. "The wealth and asset holdings of U.S.-born and foreign-born households: Evidence from SIPP data," IRISS Working Paper Series 2003-07, IRISS at CEPS/INSTEAD.
- Constant, Amelie F. & Massey, Douglas S., 2002.
"Self-Selection, Earnings, and Out-Migration: A Longitudinal Study of Immigrants to Germany,"
IZA Discussion Papers
672, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Amelie Constant & Douglas S. Massey, 2003. "Self-selection, earnings, and out-migration: A longitudinal study of immigrants to Germany," Journal of Population Economics, Springer, vol. 16(4), pages 631-653, November.
- Booth, Alison L. & Francesconi, Marco & Frank, Jeff, 2002. "Labour as a Buffer: Do Temporary Workers Suffer?," IZA Discussion Papers 673, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- repec:ese:iserwp:2002-29 is not listed on IDEAS
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Fallak).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.