Macroeconometric Evaluation of Active Labour Market Policies in Austria
AbstractThis paper contributes to the literature on macroeconometric evaluation of active labour market policies (ALMP) by considering the regional effects on both the matching process and the job-seeker rate. We use an unique new data set on all Austrian job-seekers between 2001 to 2007 and apply GMM and Quasi-ML estimators to take into account both the simultaneity of ALMP and spatial interrelations between employment office districts. The results indicate that job schemes in the non-profit sector, wage subsidies, and apprenticeships cause particularly favourable effects on the regional matching function and the job-seeker rate.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA) in its series IZA Discussion Papers with number 5217.
Length: 42 pages
Date of creation: Sep 2010
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: IZA, P.O. Box 7240, D-53072 Bonn, Germany
Phone: +49 228 3894 223
Fax: +49 228 3894 180
Web page: http://www.iza.org
Postal: IZA, Margard Ody, P.O. Box 7240, D-53072 Bonn, Germany
Other versions of this item:
- Wolfgang Dauth & Reinhard Hujer & Katja Wolf, 2011. "Macroeconometric evaluation of active labour market policies in Austria," ERSA conference papers ersa11p114, European Regional Science Association.
- C33 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Longitudinal Data; Spatial Time Series
- H43 - Public Economics - - Publicly Provided Goods - - - Project Evaluation; Social Discount Rate
- J64 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, and Vacancies - - - Unemployment: Models, Duration, Incidence, and Job Search
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-10-09 (All new papers)
- NEP-EUR-2010-10-09 (Microeconomic European Issues)
- NEP-LAB-2010-10-09 (Labour Economics)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Stops, Michael, 2012. "Job matching across occupational labour markets," IAB Discussion Paper 201227, Institut für Arbeitsmarkt- und Berufsforschung (IAB), Nürnberg [Institute for Employment Research, Nuremberg, Germany].
- Michael Stops, 2011.
"Job Matching on non-separated Occupational Labour Markets,"
ERSA conference papers
ersa11p372, European Regional Science Association.
- Stops, Michael, 2011. "Job Matching on non-separated Occupational Labour Markets," Annual Conference 2011 (Frankfurt, Main): The Order of the World Economy - Lessons from the Crisis 49161, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Fallak).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.