Choice by Lexicographic Semiorders
AbstractWe propose an extension of Tversky's lexicographic semiorder to a model of boundedly rational choice. We explore the connection with sequential rationalisability of choice, and we provide axiomatic characterisations of both models in terms of observable choice data.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA) in its series IZA Discussion Papers with number 4046.
Length: 26 pages
Date of creation: Feb 2009
Date of revision:
Publication status: published in: Theoretical Economics, 2012, 7 (1), 1-23.
Contact details of provider:
Postal: IZA, P.O. Box 7240, D-53072 Bonn, Germany
Phone: +49 228 3894 223
Fax: +49 228 3894 180
Web page: http://www.iza.org
Postal: IZA, Margard Ody, P.O. Box 7240, D-53072 Bonn, Germany
Other versions of this item:
- D0 - Microeconomics - - General
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-03-22 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBE-2009-03-22 (Cognitive & Behavioural Economics)
- NEP-DCM-2009-03-22 (Discrete Choice Models)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Apesteguia, Jose & Ballester, Miguel A., 2013.
"Choice by sequential procedures,"
Games and Economic Behavior,
Elsevier, vol. 77(1), pages 90-99.
- Jose Apesteguia & Miguel A. Ballester, 2012. "Choice by sequential procedures," Economics Working Papers 1309, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Jose Apesteguia & Miguel Ballester, 2009. "Choice by Sequential Procedures," NajEcon Working Paper Reviews 814577000000000404, www.najecon.org.
- Jose Apesteguia & Miguel Angel Ballester, 2012. "Choice By Sequential Procedures," Working Papers 615, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Au, Pak Hung & Kawai, Keiichi, 2011.
"Sequentially Rationalizable Choice with Transitive Rationales,"
29687, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Au, Pak Hung & Kawai, Keiichi, 2011. "Sequentially rationalizable choice with transitive rationales," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 73(2), pages 608-614.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Fallak).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.