Structural Change and Demand Analysis: A Cursory Review
AbstractWe address the issue of structural change in demand analysis. After a brief discussion of the major problems and questions that arise in this context, the main body of the paper is devoted to a review of analytical methods that are relevant to investigating structural change in demand. This survey is organised within the broad categories of 'nonparametric' and 'parametric' methods. Along with the main theoretical contributions we try to cover a rather large body of applied studies. We strive to offer a critical and unified treatment of this assorted set of contributions, stressing the pros and cons of alternative approaches and methods. Copyright 1996 by Oxford University Press.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Iowa State University, Department of Economics in its series Staff General Research Papers with number 5128.
Date of creation: 01 Jan 1996
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in European Review of Agricultural Economics 1996, vol. 23, pp. 239-261
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Iowa State University, Dept. of Economics, 260 Heady Hall, Ames, IA 50011-1070
Phone: +1 515.294.6741
Fax: +1 515.294.0221
Web page: http://www.econ.iastate.edu
More information through EDIRC
Other versions of this item:
- Moschini, Giancarlo & Moro, Daniele, 1996. "Structural Change and Demand Analysis: A Cursory Review," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 23(3), pages 239-61.
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hussein, Zekarias & Rodriguez, Nestor & Eales, James S., 2013. "STARs with the GIDDS: Smooth Transition Functions and Structural Change," 2013 Annual Meeting, August 4-6, 2013, Washington, D.C. 150755, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Dong, Fengxia & Fuller, Frank H., 2004. "Testing For Separability And Structural Change In Urban Chinese Food Demand," 2004 Annual meeting, August 1-4, Denver, CO 19923, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Gallet, Craig A., 2010.
"The income elasticity of meat: a meta-analysis,"
Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics,
Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 54(4), December.
- Craig A. Gallet, 2010. "The income elasticity of meat: a meta-analysis," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 54(4), pages 477-490, October.
- Xiao, Hui & Kinnucan, Henry W. & Kaiser, Harry M., 1998. "Advertising, Structural Change, And U.S. Non-Alcoholic Beverage Demand," 1998 Annual meeting, August 2-5, Salt Lake City, UT 20885, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Ogura, Manami, 2011. "Testing for structural break in Japanese demand system after the bubble era," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 277-286, September.
- J. M. Gil & B. Dhehibi & M. Ben Kaabia & A. M. Angulo, 2004. "Non-stationarity and the import demand for virgin olive oil in the European Union," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(16), pages 1859-1869.
- Schroeck, Rebecca, 2011. "Wie sensibel reagieren deutsche Verbraucher auf Preisänderungen bei Bio-Eiern? Eine Nachfrageanalyse mit Haushaltspanel-Daten," 51st Annual Conference, Halle, Germany, September 28-30, 2011 114492, German Association of Agricultural Economists (GEWISOLA).
- Wildner, Susanne, 2001. "Quantifizierung der Preisâ€“ und AusgabenelastizitÃ¤ten fÃ¼r Nahrungsmittel in Deutschland: SchÃ¤tzung eines LA/AIDS," German Journal of Agricultural Economics, Humboldt-Universitaet zu Berlin, Department for Agricultural Economics, vol. 50(5).
- Moro, Daniele & Sckokai, Paolo & Mazzocchi, Mario, 2000. "A New Strategy For Testing Convergence In Tastes," 2000 Annual meeting, July 30-August 2, Tampa, FL 21759, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Herrmann, Roland & Roeder, Claudia, 1998. "Some neglected issues in food demand analysis: retail-level demand, health information and product quality," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 42(4), December.
- Schroeck, Rebecca, 2011. "A Demand System Analysis of Organic and Conventional Fresh Milk in Germany Segmented by Consumer Groups," 2011 International Congress, August 30-September 2, 2011, Zurich, Switzerland 115995, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Okrent, Abigail M. & Alston, Julian M., 2011. "Demand for Food in the United States: A Review of Literature, Evaluation of Previous Estimates, and Presentation of New Estimates of Demand," Working Papers 162515, Robert Mondavi Institute Center for Wine Economics.
- Moro, Daniele, 2008. "Market And Policy Issues In Micro-Econometric Demand Modeling," 107th Seminar, January 30-February 1, 2008, Sevilla, Spain 6500, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Stephanie Bridges) The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Stephanie Bridges to update the entry or send us the correct address.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.