Markets for non Genetically Modified Identity Preserved crops and derived products
AbstractThe Institute for Prospective Technological Studies (IPTS) of the European Commission’s Joint Research Centre (JRC) is currently undertaking research activities in order to describe the current situation and functioning of the markets for non Genetically Modified Identity Preserved crops and derived products. For this purpose, JRC-IPTS organized an International Workshop on "Markets for non-GM Identity Preserved crops and derived products" in Seville on 21&22 June 2012. This workshop brought together key stakeholders in the supply chain, as well as leading scientists and experts active in the field of non-GM IP markets. This JRC Scientific and Policy Report provides the proceedings of the June 2012 workshop, that covered the following topics: Session 1: Situation and availability of non-GM Identity Preserved crops on world markets Session 2: Non-GM IP crops for the EU feed and livestock sector Session 3: EU demand for food products from non-GM IP crops and derived ingredients Session 4: Case studies of the use of non-GM IP crops or derived product for animal or biofuel production
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Institute for Prospective and Technological Studies, Joint Research Centre in its series JRC-IPTS Working Papers with number JRC76117.
Length: 60 pages
Date of creation: Oct 2012
Date of revision:
Non-GM crops; labelling policies; European Union; soybean; identity preservation; market segregation;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D04 - Microeconomics - - General - - - Microeconomic Policy: Formulation; Implementation; Evaluation
- D78 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Positive Analysis of Policy Formulation and Implementation
- E30 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - General (includes Measurement and Data)
- F13 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Trade Policy; International Trade Organizations
- L11 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Production, Pricing, and Market Structure; Size Distribution of Firms
- L66 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing - - - Food; Beverages; Cosmetics; Tobacco
- Q11 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Aggregate Supply and Demand Analysis; Prices
- Q13 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agricultural Markets and Marketing; Cooperatives; Agribusiness
- Q17 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agriculture in International Trade
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Varacca, A. & Boccaletti, S. & Soregaroli, C., 2013. "Economic aspects of segregation between GM and non-GM Crops along the Food Supply Chain," 2013 Annual Meeting, August 4-6, 2013, Washington, D.C. 151428, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Rafael Castillo).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.