e-Business Models for Financial Services and Internet Banks
AbstractInternet is not simply one more distribution channel among the multi-channel strategies used by the financial industry; it is fostering new "e-Business Models" such as Internet-primary banks. However, in spite of its strong development potential, this type of bank has often achieved a weak breakthrough onto this market and shows modest financial results. The goal of this article is to study the “e-Business Model” of In- ternet-primary banks and to determine if it can perform better than the “Business Model” of a traditional bank.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Department of Research, Ipag Business School in its series Working Papers with number 2014-217.
Length: 8 pages
Date of creation: 10 Apr 2014
Date of revision:
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2014-04-18 (All new papers)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Karen Furst & William Lang & Daniel Nolle, 2002. "Internet Banking," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer, vol. 27(6), pages 251-251, August.
- Karen Furst & William Lang & Daniel Nolle, 2002. "Internet Banking," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer, vol. 22(1), pages 95-117, August.
- Allen N. Berger & Rebecca S. Demsetz & Philip E. Strahan, 1998.
"The consolidation of the financial services industry: causes, consequences, and implications for the future,"
Finance and Economics Discussion Series
1998-46, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Berger, Allen N. & Demsetz, Rebecca S. & Strahan, Philip E., 1999. "The consolidation of the financial services industry: Causes, consequences, and implications for the future," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 23(2-4), pages 135-194, February.
- Hernando, Ignacio & Nieto, Maria J., 2007. "Is the Internet delivery channel changing banks' performance? The case of Spanish banks," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 31(4), pages 1083-1099, April.
- Javier Delgado & Ignacio Hernando & María J. Nieto, 2007. "Do European Primarily Internet Banks Show Scale and Experience Efficiencies?," European Financial Management, European Financial Management Association, vol. 13(4), pages 643-671.
- Robert DeYoung, 2005. "The Performance of Internet-Based Business Models: Evidence from the Banking Industry," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 78(3), pages 893-948, May.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ingmar Schumacher).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.