Aspects Regarding Internet Banking Services in Romania
AbstractBanks have traditionally been interested in using technology to improve their products, services and efficiency. Over a long time they have been using electronic and telecommunication networks for delivering a wide range of value added products and services. With its increasing popularity, Internet is more and more used by banks as a channel for providing their products and services to their customers. This form of banking is generally referred to as Internet banking. The paper examines the features of Internet banking focusing on the substantial growth over the last years as banks use Internet services as an aggressive business strategy to gain market share rather than for making profits.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by University of Petrosani, Romania in its journal Annals of the University of Petrosani - Economics.
Volume (Year): 9 (2009)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.upet.ro/
financial institutions; E-banking; Internet banking;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Yoonhee Tina Chang, 2005. "Dynamics of Internet Banking Adoption," Working Papers 06-2, Centre for Competition Policy, University of East Anglia.
- Karen Furst & William Lang & Daniel Nolle, 2002. "Internet Banking," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer, vol. 27(6), pages 251-251, August.
- Karen Furst & William Lang & Daniel Nolle, 2002. "Internet Banking," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer, vol. 22(1), pages 95-117, August.
- Byoung-Min Kim & Richard Widdows & Tansel Yilmazer, 2005. "The determinants of consumers’ adoption of Internet banking," Conference Series ; [Proceedings], Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
- Anssi Mattila & Minna Mattila, 2005. "How perceived security appears in the commercialisation of internet banking," International Journal of Financial Services Management, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 1(1), pages 89-101.
- Robert DeYoung, 2005. "The Performance of Internet-Based Business Models: Evidence from the Banking Industry," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 78(3), pages 893-948, May.
- Francesca Arnaboldi & Peter Claeys, 2008. "Internet Banking in Europe: a comparative analysis," IREA Working Papers 200811, University of Barcelona, Research Institute of Applied Economics, revised Sep 2008.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Imola Driga).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.