Productividad en Chile: Determinantes y DesempeÃ±o
AbstractThe purpose of this paper is to analyze the productivity experience of Chile over the last four decades. The major determinants of productivity growth are identified and, given this context, the countryÂ’s strengths and weaknesses are assessed with regard to the factors behind productivity growth. Productivity growth has been very volatile over this period and it is highly correlated with the business cycle. To resume the process of high economic growth, Chile needs to make reforms in those areas that have a significant impact on productivity and in which the country is currently weaker in relative terms.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Instituto de Economia. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile. in its series Documentos de Trabajo with number 296.
Date of creation: 2005
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published as "Productividad en Chile: Determinantes y DesempeÃ±o", Estudios PÃºblicos NÂº 99, Invierno 2005.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Carmen Pagés-Serra, 2000. "The Cost of Job Security Regulation: Evidence from Latin American Labor Markets," Journal of LACEA Economia, LACEA - LATIN AMERICAN AND CARIBBEAN ECONOMIC ASSOCIATION.
- Carmen Pagés-Serra & James J. Heckman, 2000.
"The Cost of Job Security Regulation: Evidence from Latin American Labor Markets,"
Research Department Publications
4227, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- James J. Heckman & Carmen Pages, 2000. "The Cost of Job Security Regulation: Evidence from Latin American Labor Markets," NBER Working Papers 7773, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jose De Gregorio & Jong-Wha Lee, 2003.
"Growth and Adjustment in East Asia and Latin America,"
Working Papers Central Bank of Chile
245, Central Bank of Chile.
- José de Gregorio & Jong-Wha Lee, 2004. "Growth and Adjustment in East Asia and Latin America," Journal of LACEA Economia, LACEA - LATIN AMERICAN AND CARIBBEAN ECONOMIC ASSOCIATION.
- R. Vergara, 2010.
"Taxation and private investment: evidence for Chile,"
Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 42(6), pages 717-725.
- Rodrigo Vergara, 2004. "Taxation and Private Investment: Evidence for Chile," Documentos de Trabajo 268, Instituto de Economia. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile..
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Amparo García).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.