Determinants of Economic Growth: Implications of the Global Evidence for Chile
AbstractThe determinants of economic growth and investment are analyzed in a panel of around 100 countries observed from 1960 to 1995. The data reveal a pattern of conditional convergence in the sense that the growth rate of per capita GDP is inversely related to
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Instituto de Economía. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile. in its journal Cuadernos de Economía-Latin American Journal of Economics.
Volume (Year): 36 (1999)
Issue (Month): 107 ()
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- O4 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Romer, Paul M, 1990.
"Endogenous Technological Change,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 98(5), pages S71-102, October.
- Easterly, William & Rebelo, Sérgio, 1994.
"Fiscal Policy and Economic Growth: An Empirical Investigation,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
885, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Easterly, William & Rebelo, Sergio, 1993. "Fiscal policy and economic growth: An empirical investigation," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 417-458, December.
- William Easterly & Sergio Rebelo, 1993. "Fiscal Policy and Economic Growth: An Empirical Investigation," NBER Working Papers 4499, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jong-Wha Lee, 1992.
"International Trade, Distortions and Long-Run Economic Growth,"
IMF Working Papers
92/90, International Monetary Fund.
- Jong-Wha Lee, 1993. "International Trade, Distortions, and Long-Run Economic Growth," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 40(2), pages 299-328, June.
- Eric A. Hanushek & Dongwook Kim, 1995. "Schooling, Labor Force Quality, and Economic Growth," NBER Working Papers 5399, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- King, Robert G. & Levine, Ross, 1993. "Finance, entrepreneurship and growth: Theory and evidence," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 513-542, December.
- Tjalling C. Koopmans, 1963. "On the Concept of Optimal Economic Growth," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 163, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Jeffrey D. Sachs & Andrew Warner, 1995.
"Economic Reform and the Process of Global Integration,"
Brookings Papers on Economic Activity,
Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 26(1, 25th A), pages 1-118.
- Jeffrey Sachs & Andrew Warner, 1995. "Economic Reform and the Progress of Global Integration," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1733, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Stephen Knack & Philip Keefer, 1995. "Institutions And Economic Performance: Cross-Country Tests Using Alternative Institutional Measures," Economics and Politics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 7(3), pages 207-227, November.
- World Bank, 2002. "Brazil : Growth and Poverty Reduction in Pernambuco," World Bank Other Operational Studies 15444, The World Bank.
- Ludmila Fadejeva & Aleksejs Melihovs, 2010.
"Measuring Total Factor Productivity and Variable Factor Utilization,"
Eastern European Economics,
M.E. Sharpe, Inc., vol. 48(5), pages 63-101, September.
- Ludmila Fadejeva & Aleksejs Melihovs, 2009. "Measuring Total Factor Productivity and Variable Factor Utilisation: Sector Approach, The Case of Latvia," Working Papers 2009/03, Latvijas Banka.
- Francisco Rosende, 2000. "Teoría del Crecimiento Económico: Un Debate Inconcluso," Documentos de Trabajo 193, Instituto de Economia. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile..
- Jorge Rodríguez G., 2002. "Crecimiento Económico en Chile: Presente, Pasado y Futuro," Notas de Investigación Journal Economía Chilena (The Chilean Economy), Central Bank of Chile, vol. 5(1), pages 89-95, April.
- Javier Cossío Medinacelli & Marco Antonio Laguna Vargas & Dennise Martin Alarcón & Pablo Mendieta Ossio & Raúl Mendoza Patiño & Martín Palmero Pantoja & Hugo Rodríguez Gonzales, 2008. "La inflación y políticas del Banco Central de Bolivia," Revista de Análisis del BCB, Banco Central de Bolivia, vol. 10(1), pages 73-109, December.
- Andrea Tokman, 2004. "Education and Economic Growth in Chile," Working Papers Central Bank of Chile 289, Central Bank of Chile.
- Andrea Tokman R, 2005. "Diagnosis and Propasals for Chilean Education," Journal Economía Chilena (The Chilean Economy), Central Bank of Chile, vol. 8(1), pages 35-52, April.
- José De Gregorio & Jong-Wha Lee, 1999. "Economic Growth in Latin America: Sources and Prospects," Documentos de Trabajo 66, Centro de Economía Aplicada, Universidad de Chile.
- Klaus Schmidt-Hebbel, 2006.
"Chile's Economic Growth,"
Latin American Journal of Economics-formerly Cuadernos de Economía,
Instituto de Economía. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile., vol. 43(127), pages 5-48.
- Florence Jaumotte, 2004. "Foreign Direct Investment and Regional Trade Agreements," IMF Working Papers 04/206, International Monetary Fund.
- Paula Faria & Francisco Vitorino da Silva Martins & Elísio Fernando Moreira Brandão, 2011. "How R&D and tax incentives influence economic growth: Econometric study for the period between 1995 and 2008 of EU-15," FEP Working Papers 442, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
- Jorge Marshall R., 2002. "El Camino de las Reformas," Notas de Investigación Journal Economía Chilena (The Chilean Economy), Central Bank of Chile, vol. 5(1), pages 77-82, April.
- Ghosh, Saibal, 2009. "Does Financial Outreach Engender Economic Growth? Evidence from Indian States," MPRA Paper 32072, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jaime Casassus).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.