Leveraging the Integration of Sales Career Cycle with Brand Life Cycle in Indian Pharmaceutical Firms
AbstractThis working paper confines its scope to performance of National Agricultural Insurance Scheme (NAIS). It examines the progress of NAIS in India and in one selected state, Gujarat. The two dimensions considered are coverage over time and across the states. It is further disaggregated for different seasons. The performance was studied with respect to number of performance indicators, namely, farmers covered, area covered, sum insured, premium collected, subsidy to small farmers, claims made and farmers benefited. The state-wise performance gives the comparative picture of NAIS among the states. Detailed performance was studied for Gujarat. Again the progress was examined over time and among the districts. Though the data shows impressive growth over time it cannot be termed as satisfactory. The coverage of area as well as loanee farmers has been disappointing. The scheme has many flaws. The mandatory aspect has not been appreciated by farmers.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad, Research and Publication Department in its series IIMA Working Papers with number WP2010-07-01.
Date of creation:
Date of revision:
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Enis, Ben M. & La Garce, Raymond & Prell, Arthur E., 1977. "Extending the product life cycle," Business Horizons, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 46-56, June.
- Bearden, William O & Netemeyer, Richard G & Teel, Jesse E, 1989. " Measurement of Consumer Susceptibility to Interpersonal Influence," Journal of Consumer Research, University of Chicago Press, vol. 15(4), pages 473-81, March.
- William E. Cox & Jr., 1967. "Product Life Cycles as Marketing Models," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 40, pages 375.
- Homburg, Christian & Stock, Ruth, 2005. "Exploring the Conditions Under Which Salesperson Work Satisfaction Can Lead to Customer Satisfaction," Publications of Darmstadt Technical University, Institute for Business Studies (BWL) 35543, Darmstadt Technical University, Department of Business Administration, Economics and Law, Institute for Business Studies (BWL).
- Homburg, Christian & Stock, Ruth, 2005. "Exploring the Conditions Under Which Salesperson Work Satisfaction Can Lead to Customer Satisfaction," Publications of Darmstadt Technical University, Institute for Business Studies (BWL) 60481, Darmstadt Technical University, Department of Business Administration, Economics and Law, Institute for Business Studies (BWL).
- Rink, David R. & Swan, John E., 1979. "Product life cycle research: A literature review," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 7(3), pages 219-242, September.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.