Identifying Key Sectors in Croatian Economy Based on Input-Output Tables
AbstractInformation on the key sectors of an economy can have important policy implications. This paper identifies key sectors in Croatia based on the recently published input-output table for year 2004. Comparison of different methodological approaches used in the paper suggests that identified key sectors are most likely relevant only for the analyzed period (construction activity). Additionally, service sectors were often identified as important, and not export-oriented sectors.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by The Institute of Economics, Zagreb in its series Working Papers with number 1302.
Length: 26 pages
Date of creation: Oct 2013
Date of revision:
input-output analysis; Croatia;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C67 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Input-Output Models
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-10-25 (All new papers)
- NEP-HME-2013-10-25 (Heterodox Microeconomics)
- NEP-TRA-2013-10-25 (Transition Economics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Julio Sanchez-Choliz & Rosa Duarte, 2003. "Production Chains and Linkage Indicators," Economic Systems Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(4), pages 481-494.
- Dietzenbacher, Erik, 1992. "The measurement of interindustry linkages : Key sectors in the Netherlands," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 9(4), pages 419-437, October.
- Los, Bart, 2002.
"Identification of strategic industries: a dynamic perspective,"
CCSO Working Papers
200202, University of Groningen, CCSO Centre for Economic Research.
- Bart Los, 2004. "Identification of strategic industries: A dynamic perspective," Economics of Governance, Springer, vol. 83(4), pages 669-698, October.
- Bart Los, 2004. "Identification of strategic industries: A dynamic perspective," Papers in Regional Science, Springer, vol. 83(4), pages 669-698, October.
- Bart Los, 2001. "Identification of Strategic Industries: A Dynamic Perspective," ERSA conference papers ersa01p112, European Regional Science Association.
- Junning Cai & Pingsun Leung, 2004. "Linkage Measures: a Revisit and a Suggested Alternative," Economic Systems Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(1), pages 63-83.
- Temurshoev, Umed & Oosterhaven, Jan, 2013. "Analytical and Empirical Comparison of Policy-Relevant Key Sector Measures," GGDC Research Memorandum GD-132, Groningen Growth and Development Centre, University of Groningen.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Doris Banicevic).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.