Vote Splitting, Reelection and Electoral Control: Political Gridlocks, Ideology and the War on Terror
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Insper Working Paper, Insper Instituto de Ensino e Pesquisa in its series Insper Working Papers with number wpe_199.
Date of creation: Oct 2009
Date of revision:
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-03-06 (All new papers)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hans Gersbach & Verena Liessem, 2001.
"Reelection Threshold Contracts in Politics,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
622, CESifo Group Munich.
- Alesina, Alberto & Rosenthal, Howard, 1996. "A Theory of Divided Government," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 64(6), pages 1311-41, November.
- Mauricio Soares Bugarin, 2003. "Vote splitting, reelection and electoral control: Towards a unified model," Social Choice and Welfare, Springer, vol. 20(1), pages 137-154.
- Rosenthal, Howard & Alesina, Alberto, 1989. "Partisan Cycles in Congressional Elections and the Macroeconomy," Scholarly Articles 4553031, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Bugarin, Mauricio Soares, 1999. " Vote Splitting as Insurance against Uncertainty," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 98(1-2), pages 153-69, January.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Naercio Menezes).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.