Forward-backward systems for expected utility maximization
AbstractIn this paper we deal with the utility maximization problem with a general utility function. We derive a new approach in which we reduce the utility maximization prob- lem with general utility to the study of a fully-coupled Forward-Backward Stochastic Differential Equation (FBSDE).
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany in its series SFB 649 Discussion Papers with number SFB649DP2011-061.
Length: 34 pages
Date of creation: Oct 2011
Date of revision:
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C61 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Optimization Techniques; Programming Models; Dynamic Analysis
- D52 - Microeconomics - - General Equilibrium and Disequilibrium - - - Incomplete Markets
- D53 - Microeconomics - - General Equilibrium and Disequilibrium - - - Financial Markets
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Marcel Nutz, 2009. "The Opportunity Process for Optimal Consumption and Investment with Power Utility," Papers 0912.1879, arXiv.org, revised Jun 2010.
- Peter Imkeller & Anthony Réveillac & Jianing Zhang, 2011. "SOLVABILITY AND NUMERICAL SIMULATION OF BSDEs RELATED TO BSPDEs WITH APPLICATIONS TO UTILITY MAXIMIZATION," International Journal of Theoretical and Applied Finance (IJTAF), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 14(05), pages 635-667.
- Julien Hugonnier & Dmitry Kramkov, 2004. "Optimal investment with random endowments in incomplete markets," Papers math/0405293, arXiv.org.
- (**), Hui Wang & Jaksa Cvitanic & (*), Walter Schachermayer, 2001. "Utility maximization in incomplete markets with random endowment," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 5(2), pages 259-272.
- Imkeller, Peter & Reveillac, Anthony & Zhang, Jianing, 2011. "Solvability and numerical simulation of BSDEs related to BSPDEs with applications to utility maximization," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/7101, Paris Dauphine University.
- Ying Hu & Peter Imkeller & Matthias Muller, 2005. "Utility maximization in incomplete markets," Papers math/0508448, arXiv.org.
- Marie-Amélie Morlais, 2009. "Quadratic BSDEs driven by a continuous martingale and applications to the utility maximization problem," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 13(1), pages 121-150, January.
- repec:ner:dauphi:urn:hdl:123456789/7101 is not listed on IDEAS
- Larsen, Kasper & Zitkovic, Gordan, 2007. "Stability of utility-maximization in incomplete markets," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 117(11), pages 1642-1662, November.
- Kasper Larsen & Gordan Zitkovic, 2007. "Stability of utility-maximization in incomplete markets," Papers 0706.0474, arXiv.org.
- Masaaki Fujii & Akihiko Takahashi, 2012. "Perturbative Expansion of FBSDE in an Incomplete Market with Stochastic Volatility," Papers 1202.0608, arXiv.org, revised Sep 2012.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (RDC-Team).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.