Peter Bauer and the Failure of Foreign Aid
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Harvard University Department of Economics in its series Scholarly Articles with number 8705862.
Date of creation: 2009
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in Cato Journal
Other versions of this item:
- R00 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General - - - General
- Z0 - Other Special Topics - - General
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- William Easterly, 2003. "Can Foreign Aid Buy Growth?," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, American Economic Association, vol. 17(3), pages 23-48, Summer.
- Svensson, Jakob, 2003. "Why conditional aid does not work and what can be done about it?," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 70(2), pages 381-402, April.
- William Easterly, 2009.
"Can the West Save Africa?,"
Journal of Economic Literature,
American Economic Association, vol. 47(2), pages 373-447, June.
- James A. Dorn, 2002. "Economic Development and Freedom:The Legacy of Peter Bauer," Cato Journal, Cato Journal, Cato Institute, vol. 22(2), pages 355-371, Fall.
- David Canning, 2006.
"The Economics of HIV/AIDS in Low-Income Countries: The Case for Prevention,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association,
American Economic Association, vol. 20(3), pages 121-142, Summer.
- David Canning, 2006. "The Economics of HIV/AIDS in Low-Income Countries: The Case for Prevention," PGDA Working Papers, Program on the Global Demography of Aging 1806, Program on the Global Demography of Aging.
- Ritva Reinikka & Jakob Svensson, 2004. "Local Capture: Evidence From a Central Government Transfer Program in Uganda," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, MIT Press, vol. 119(2), pages 678-704, May.
- Bauer, P. T., 1975. "N.H. Stern on substance and method in development economics," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 2(4), pages 387-405, December.
- Kumar, Ronald R., 2010. "Impact of trade openness, remittances, capital inflows & financial development on income in Vanuatu," MPRA Paper 33221, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ibrahim Sirkeci & Jeffrey H. Cohen & Dilip Ratha, 2012. "Migration and Remittances during the Global Financial Crisis and Beyond," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 13092, August.
- Gustav Ranis, 2011. "Giving Up on Foreign Aid?," Cato Journal, Cato Journal, Cato Institute, vol. 31(1), pages 75-81, Winter.
- Ronald Ravinesh Kumar & Radika Kumar, 2012. "Exploring sectoral elasticity vis-ï¿½-vis per worker income with a focus to agriculture: a study of Sub-Saharan Africa," African Journal of Economic and Sustainable Development, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 1(1), pages 27-48.
- Ranis, Gustav, 2013. "Another look at foreign aid," Working Paper Series, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER) UNU-WIDER Research Paper , World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Kumar, Ronald/R, 2011. "Role of Trade, Aid, Remittances and Financial Development in Pakistan," MPRA Paper 38871, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ben Steinberg).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.