On Fragile Grounds: A replication of "Are Muslim immigrants different in terms of cultrual integration?" Technical documentation
AbstractThis study is a replication, with technical documentation, of "Are Muslim Immigrants Different in terms of Cultural Integration?" by Alberto Bisin, Eleonora Patacchini, Thierry Verdier and Yves Zenou, published in Journal of European Economic Association, 6, 445-456, 2008. Bisin et al. (2008) report that they have 5963 observations in their study. Using their empirical setup, we can only identify 1901 relevant observations in the original data. After removing missing values we are left with 818 observations. We cannot replicate any of their results and our estimations yield no support for their claims.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Stockholm University Linnaeus Center for Integration Studies - SULCIS in its series SULCIS Working Papers with number 2009:2.
Length: 29 pages
Date of creation: 02 Feb 2009
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Stockholm University Linnaeus Center for Integration Studies - SULCIS, Stockholm University, S-10691 Stockholm, Sweden
Web page: http://www.su.se/sulcis
More information through EDIRC
religious identity; assimilation; Muslims; replication study; Reproducible research;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- A14 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics - - - Sociology of Economics
- J15 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Economics of Minorities, Races, Indigenous Peoples, and Immigrants; Non-labor Discrimination
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bisin, Alberto & Patacchini, Eleonora & Verdier, Thierry & Zenou, Yves, 2007.
"Are Muslim Immigrants Different in Terms of Cultural Integration?,"
IZA Discussion Papers
3006, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Alberto Bisin & Eleonora Patacchini & Thierry Verdier & Yves Zenou, 2008. "Are Muslim Immigrants Different in Terms of Cultural Integration?," Journal of the European Economic Association, MIT Press, vol. 6(2-3), pages 445-456, 04-05.
- Bisin, Alberto & Patacchini, Eleonora & Verdier, Thierry & Zenou, Yves, 2007. "Are Muslim Immigrants Different in Terms of Cultural Integration?," CEPR Discussion Papers 6453, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Arai, Mahmood & Karlsson, Jonas & Lundholm, Michael, 2008.
"On Fragile Grounds: A Replication of Are Muslim Immigrants Different in Terms of Cultural Integration?,"
Research Papers in Economics
2009:5, Stockholm University, Department of Economics.
- Mahmood Arai & Jonas Karlsson & Michael Lundholm, 2011. "On Fragile Grounds: A Replication Of “Are Muslim Immigrants Different In Terms Of Cultural Integration?”," Journal of the European Economic Association, European Economic Association, vol. 9(5), pages 1002-1011, October.
- Arai, Mahmood & Karlsson, Jonas & Lundholm, Michael, 2009. "On Fragile Grounds: A replication of "Are Muslim immigrants different in terms of cultural integration?"," SULCIS Working Papers 2009:1, Stockholm University Linnaeus Center for Integration Studies - SULCIS.
- Roger Koenker & Achim Zeileis, 2009. "On reproducible econometric research," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 24(5), pages 833-847.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Lena Nekby).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.