Exports in the Econometric Model KOSMOS
AbstractEquations for exports of manufactured goods and for services in KOSMOS, the macroeconometric model at NIER, are estimated. The equations are interpreted as representing foreign demand for Swedish exports. The formulation is based on the Armington-assumption and demand depends on a measure of foreign income and the Swedish export price, relative to a measure of the competitor's price. The parameterestimates in both equations are reasonable and the forecasting behavior of the models is acceptable. The estimated long run price elasticities are: -1.3 for manufactured goods, and -0.7 for services. The estimated long run income elasticities are: 0.8 for manufactured goods, and 1.2 for services.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by National Institute of Economic Research in its series Working Paper with number 62.
Length: 15 pages
Date of creation: 01 Aug 1998
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: National Institute of Economic Research, P.O. Box 3116, SE-103 62 Stockholm, Sweden
Phone: 46-(0)8-453 59 00
Fax: 46-(0)8-453 59 80
Web page: http://www.konj.se/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Gottfries, N., 1994. "Market Shares, Financial Constraints, and Pricing Behavior in the Export Industry," Papers 586, Stockholm - International Economic Studies.
- Cúrdia, Vasco & Finocchiaro, Daria, 2013.
"Monetary regime change and business cycles,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 37(4), pages 756-773.
- Vasco Cúrdia & Daria Finocchiaro, 2013. "Monetary regime change and business cycles," Working Paper Series 2013-02, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Vasco Cúrdia & Daria Finocchiaro, 2007. "Monetary regime change and business cycles," Staff Reports 294, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Cúrdia, Vasco & Finocchiaro, Daria, 2010. "Monetary Regime Change and Business Cycles," Working Paper Series 241, Sveriges Riksbank (Central Bank of Sweden).
- Post, Erik, 2007. "Macroeconomic imbalances and exchange rate regime shifts," Working Paper Series 2007:4, Uppsala University, Department of Economics.
- Cúrdia, Vasco & Finocchiaro, Daria, 2005. "An Estimated DSGE Model for Sweden with a Monetary Regime Change," Seminar Papers 740, Stockholm University, Institute for International Economic Studies.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Henrik Hellström).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.