The Economics of Unemployment Insurance: The Case of Sweden
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Research Institute of Industrial Economics in its series Working Paper Series with number 167.
Length: 92 pages
Date of creation: Oct 1986
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Research Institute of Industrial Economics, Box 55665, SE-102 15 Stockholm, Sweden
Phone: +46 8 665 4500
Fax: +46 8 665 4599
Web page: http://www.ifn.se/
More information through EDIRC
Unemployment; Swedish system; incentives; optimal insurance; welfare system; uncertainty;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D80 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - General
- J51 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Labor-Management Relations, Trade Unions, and Collective Bargaining - - - Trade Unions: Objectives, Structure, and Effects
- J65 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Unemployment Insurance; Severance Pay; Plant Closings
- P36 - Economic Systems - - Socialist Institutions and Their Transitions - - - Consumer Economics; Health; Education and Training; Welfare, Income, Wealth, and Poverty
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Minford, Patrick, 1983. "Labour Market Equilibrium in an Open Economy," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 35(0), pages 207-44, Supplemen.
- Shavell, Steven & Weiss, Laurence, 1979.
"The Optimal Payment of Unemployment Insurance Benefits over Time,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 87(6), pages 1347-62, December.
- Steven Shavell & Laurence Weiss, 1978. "The Optimal Payment of Unemployment Insurance Benefits over Time," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 503, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Axell, Bo & Lang, Harald, 1986. "The Effects of Unemployment Compensation in General Equilibrium with Search Unemployment," Working Paper Series 159, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Maki, Dennis R & Spindler, Zane A, 1975. "The Effect of Unemployment Compensation on the Rate of Unemployment in Great Britain," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 27(3), pages 440-54, November.
- Oswald, Andrew J, 1985. " The Economic Theory of Trade Unions: An Introductory Survey," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 87(2), pages 160-93.
- P. N. Junankar, 1979.
"An Econometric Analysis of Unemployment in Great Britain, 1952-75,"
345, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Junankar, P N, 1981. "An Econometric Analysis of Unemployment in Great Britain, 1952-75," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 33(3), pages 387-400, November.
- Sawyer, Malcolm C, 1979. "`The Effects of Unemployment Compensation on the Rate of Unemployment in Great Britain': A Comment," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 31(1), pages 135-46, March.
- Kathleen P. Classen, 1977. "The effect of unemployment insurance on the duration of unemployment and subsequent earnings," Industrial and Labor Relations Review, ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 30(4), pages 438-444, July.
- Martin Feldstein & James M. Poterba, 1984.
"Unemployment Insurance and Reservation Wages,"
NBER Working Papers
1011, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lang, Harald, 1985. "On measuring the impact of unemployment benefits on the duration of unemployment spell," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 18(2-3), pages 277-281.
- Arlene Holen, 1977. "Effects of unemployment insurance entitlement on duration and job search outcome," Industrial and Labor Relations Review, ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 30(4), pages 445-450, July.
- Shavell, Steven, 1979. "On Moral Hazard and Insurance," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 93(4), pages 541-62, November.
- Narendranathan, W & Nickell, S & Stern, J, 1985. "Unemployment Benefits Revisited," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 95(378), pages 307-29, June.
- Yaniv, Gideon, 1982. "Unemployment insurance benefits and the supply of labor of an employed worker," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 71-87, February.
- Oswald, Andrew J, 1982. "Trade Unions, Wages and Unemployment: What Can Simple Models Tell Us?," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 34(3), pages 526-45, November.
- Flemming, J. S., 1978. "Aspects of optimal unemployment insurance : Search, leisure, savings and capital market imperfections," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(3), pages 403-425, December.
- Hamermesh, Daniel S, 1980. "Unemployment Insurance and Labor Supply," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 21(3), pages 517-27, October.
- Atkinson, A. B. & Gomulka, J. & Micklewright, J. & Rau, N., 1984. "Unemployment benefit, duration and incentives in Britain : How robust is the evidence?," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(1-2), pages 3-26.
- Boadway, Robin W. & Oswald, Andrew J., 1983.
"Unemployment insurance and redistributive taxation,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 193-210, March.
- Robin Boadway & Andrew Oswald, 1982. "Unemployment Insurance and Redistributive Taxation," Working Papers 466, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Burdett, Kenneth, 1979. "Unemployment Insurance Payments as a Search Subsidy: A Theoretical Analysis," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 17(3), pages 333-43, July.
- Corak, Miles & Gustafsson, Björn Anders & Österberg, Torun, 2000.
"Intergenerational Influences on the Receipt of Unemployment Insurance in Canada and Sweden,"
IZA Discussion Papers
184, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Bjorn, Gustafsson Corak, Miles Gustafsson, Bjorn Osterberg, Torun, 2001. "Intergenerational Influences on the Receipt of Unemployment Insurance in Canada and Sweden," Analytical Studies Branch Research Paper Series 2001159e, Statistics Canada, Analytical Studies Branch.
- Donald O. Parsons & Torben Tranæs & Helene Bie Lilleør, 1999.
"Voluntary Public Unemployment Insurance,"
EPRU Working Paper Series
03-05, Economic Policy Research Unit (EPRU), University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics, revised Jun 2003.
- Boone, J. & Ours, J.C. van, 2000. "Modeling Financial Incentives to get Unemployment Back to Work," Discussion Paper 2000-02, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Elisabeth Gustafsson).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.