The Communication Factor in Greek Foreign Policy: An Analysis
AbstractThis paper looks into the communication factor in Greek foreign policy. It aims at identifying communication patterns and models used to convey Greek foreign policy positions abroad. It examines critically the efficacy of the applied practice and argues that the communication factor has been disregarded by foreign policy-makers, making successful promotion of Greek foreign policy problematic and hurting the image of the country internationally. The paper suggests that Greece should invest in public diplomacy, especially relationship building, in order to communicate its foreign policy more effectively.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Hellenic Observatory, LSE in its series GreeSE – Hellenic Observatory Papers on Greece and Southeast Europe with number 55.
Date of creation: Feb 2012
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Houghton Street, London WC2A 2AE
Phone: +44 (020) 7405 7686
Web page: http://www.lse.ac.uk/europeanInstitute/research/hellenicObservatory/
More information through EDIRC
communication; foreign policy; public diplomacy; Greece; Turkey; FYROM.;
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-10-27 (All new papers)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Platon Monokroussos & Dimitrios D. Thomakos, 2012. "Can Greece be saved? Current Account, fiscal imbalances and competitiveness," GreeSE â Hellenic Observatory Papers on Greece and Southeast Europe 59, Hellenic Observatory, LSE.
- Spyros Kosmidis, 2013. "Government Constraints and Economic Voting in Greece," GreeSE â Hellenic Observatory Papers on Greece and Southeast Europe 70, Hellenic Observatory, LSE.
- Yannis Valinakis, 2012. "Greece’s European Policy Making," GreeSE â Hellenic Observatory Papers on Greece and Southeast Europe 63, Hellenic Observatory, LSE.
- Helen Caraveli & Efthymios G. Tsionas, 2012. "Economic Restructuring, Crises and the Regions: The Political Economy of Regional Inequalities in Greece," GreeSE â Hellenic Observatory Papers on Greece and Southeast Europe 61, Hellenic Observatory, LSE.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Vassilis Monastiriotis).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.