Human Poverty in Transition Economies: Regional Overview for HDR 1997
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Human Development Report Office (HDRO), United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) in its series Human Development Occasional Papers (1992-2007) with number HDOCPA-1997-03.
Length: 34 pages
Date of creation: Jun 1997
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published as background research for the 1997 Human Development Report.
human development; poverty; empowerment;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- Y8 - Miscellaneous Categories - - Related Disciplines
- Z00 - Other Special Topics - - General - - - General
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Mroz, Thomas A & Popkin, Barry M, 1995. "Poverty and the Economic Transition in the Russian Federation," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 44(1), pages 1-31, October.
- Julia Szalai, 1992. "Social Policy and Child Poverty: Hungary since 1945," Innocenti Occasional Papers, Economic Policy Series iopeps92/23, UNICEF Innocenti Research Centre.
- Sándor Sipos, 1992. "Poverty Measurement in Central and Eastern Europe before the Transition to the Market Economy," Innocenti Occasional Papers, Economic Policy Series iopeps92/28, UNICEF Innocenti Research Centre.
- Romas Lazutka & Zita Sniukstiene, 1995. "Economic Transition in the Baltics: Independence, market reforms and child well-being in Lithuania," Innocenti Occasional Papers, Economic Policy Series iopeps95/13, UNICEF Innocenti Research Centre.
- Giovanni Andrea Cornia, 1995. "Ugly Facts and Fancy Theories: Children and youth during the transition," Innocenti Occasional Papers, Economic Policy Series iopeps95/19, UNICEF Innocenti Research Centre.
- UNICEF Innocenti Research Centre. MONEE project, 1995. "Poverty, Children and Policy: Responses for a brighter future," Regional Monitoring Report remore95/6, UNICEF Innocenti Research Centre.
- Bergson, Abram, 1984. "Income Inequality under Soviet Socialism," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 22(3), pages 1052-99, September.
- Gaspar Fajth, 1994. "Family Support Policies in Transitional Economies: Challenges and constraints," Innocenti Occasional Papers, Economic Policy Series iopeps94/22, UNICEF Innocenti Research Centre.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (HDRO/UNDP).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.