Die Finanzierung von Sportarenen - Optionen für große und mittelgroße Projekte
AbstractHosting the 2006 FIFA World Championship induced a boom in stadium investments in Germany. A second wave of smaller arena constructions can currently be observed across the country. These projects are promoted by smaller clubs of the first and the second Bundesliga, aiming not to fall behind the top clubs. The present paper gives an overview over recent financing models for large stadiums and then focuses on the special case of middle-size arenas.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Leibniz Universität Hannover, Wirtschaftswissenschaftliche Fakultät in its series Hannover Economic Papers (HEP) with number dp-374.
Length: 26 pages
Date of creation: Sep 2007
Date of revision:
Sportökonomie; Stadionbau; Kommunale Investitionen; sports facilities;
Other versions of this item:
- Rebeggiani, Luca & Witte, Sebastian, 2007.
"Die Finanzierung von Sportarenen – Optionen für große und mittelgroße Projekte
[Financing sports arenas - options for large and middle-size projects]," MPRA Paper 5323, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Sep 2007.
- G31 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Capital Budgeting; Fixed Investment and Inventory Studies
- H82 - Public Economics - - Miscellaneous Issues - - - Governmental Property
- L83 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Sports; Gambling; Restaurants; Recreation; Tourism
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Stephan Gundel & Achim Hecker, 2006. "Funding and operation of stadiums and arenas beside high-class leagues," Working Papers 0604, International Association of Sports Economists & North American Association of Sports Economists.
- Panke, Benjamin & Rebeggiani, Luca, 2004. "Cross-Border-Leasing. Ein neuer Ansatz zur Stadionfinanzierung?," Hannover Economic Papers (HEP) dp-307, Leibniz Universität Hannover, Wirtschaftswissenschaftliche Fakultät.
- Robert A. Baade, 2003. "Evaluating Subsidies for Professional Sports in the United States and Europe: A Public-Sector Primer," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 19(4), pages 585-597, Winter.
- Maennig, Wolfgang, 2007. "Ein Jahr danach: Eine ökonomische Nachlese zur Fußball-WM 2006," Wirtschaftsdienst – Zeitschrift für Wirtschaftspolitik (1998 - 2007), ZBW – German National Library of Economics / Leibniz Information Centre for Economics, vol. 87(6), pages 378-385.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Heidrich, Christian).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.