An overview of the landscape valuation studies conducted in France
AbstractThis article presents an overview of the landscape valuation studies carried out in France. The reported studies are classified into three categories: rural landscapes, urban landscapes and periurban landscapes. We noticed that the majority of studies relate to rural landscapes, and more specifically to agricultural ones. Furthermore, we found that only one study relates to a remarkable architectural landscape and that no studies have been carried out in French overseas departments. Regarding valuation methods, the hedonic pricing method is the most widely used method.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by HAL in its series Working Papers with number hal-00671540.
Date of creation: 17 Feb 2012
Date of revision:
Note: View the original document on HAL open archive server: http://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/hal-00671540
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/
Evaluation économique ; paysage;
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2012-03-08 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2012-03-08 (All new papers)
- NEP-TUR-2012-03-08 (Tourism Economics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jean Cavailhès & Dominique Peeters & Evangelos Sékeris & Jacques-François Thisse, 2003.
"La ville périurbaine,"
Presses de Sciences-Po, vol. 54(1), pages 5-23.
- Johanna Choumert & Muriel Travers, 2010. "La capitalisation immobilière des espaces verts dans la ville d'Angers. Une approche hédoniste," Revue économique, Presses de Sciences-Po, vol. 0(5), pages 821-836.
- Jean Cavailhès & Thierry Brossard & Jean-Christophe Foltête & Mohamed Hilal & Daniel Joly & François-Pierre Tourneux & Céline Tritz & Pierre Wavresky, 2009. "GIS-Based Hedonic Pricing of Landscape," Environmental & Resource Economics, European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 44(4), pages 571-590, December.
- Vanja Westerberg & Robert Lifran & Søren Bøye Olsen, 2008.
"To restore or not? A valuation of social and ecological functions of the Marais des Baux wetland in Southern France,"
08-12, LAMETA, Universtiy of Montpellier, revised Nov 2011.
- Westerberg, Vanja Holmquist & Lifran, Robert & Olsen, Søren Bøye, 2010. "To restore or not? A valuation of social and ecological functions of the Marais des Baux wetland in Southern France," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(12), pages 2383-2393, October.
- Vanja Westerberg & Robert Lifran & Soren Boye Olsen, 2010. "To restore or not? A valuation of social and ecological functions of the Marais des Baux wetland in Southern France," Working Papers 39687, Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique, France.
- Rambonilaza, Tina, 2005. "Land-use planning and public preferences: What can we learn from choice experiments method?," MPRA Paper 9225, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised May 2007.
- Robert Lifran & Walid Oueslati, 2007. "ElÃ©ments dâ€™Ã©conomie du paysage," Working Papers 20774, Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique, France.
- Ibrahim Ahamada & Emmanuel Flachaire & Marion Lubat, 2007. "Prix des logements et autocorrélation spatiale : une approche semi-paramétrique," UniversitÃ© Paris1 PanthÃ©on-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00266333, HAL.
- Hueting, Roefie & Reijnders, Lucas & de Boer, Bart & Lambooy, Jan & Jansen, Huib, 1998. "The concept of environmental function and its valuation," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 31-35, April.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.