La ville périurbaine
AbstractA periurban belt is a zone located outside the city and characterized by a mix of farmers and commuting households. We develop a land use model in which we incorporate rural amenities in the utility function of the households, while assuming that farmers have a behavior à la Thünen. The land market equilibrium conditions allow us to obtain an analytical solution of the model. These conditions are then used to provide some insights about the robustness of the periurban form against decreases in commuting costs.Classification JEL : R14, R21.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Presses de Sciences-Po in its journal Revue économique.
Volume (Year): 54 (2003)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.cairn.info/revue-economique.htm
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- R14 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Land Use Patterns
- R21 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Household Analysis - - - Housing Demand
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Monique DANTAS (GREThA UMR CNRS 5113) & Frédéric GASCHET (GREThA UMR CNRS 5113) & Guillaume POUYANNE (GREThA UMR CNRS 5113), 2010. "Regulatory zoning and coastal housing prices: a bayesian hedonic approach (In French)," Cahiers du GREThA 2010-12, Groupe de Recherche en Economie Théorique et Appliquée.
- Frédéric GASCHET (IERSO, IFReDE-GRES) & Julie LE GALLO (IERSO, IFReDE-GRES), 2005.
"The Spatial Dimension of Segregation: A Case Study in Four French Urban Areas, 1990-1999,"
Cahiers du GRES
2005-12, Groupement de Recherches Economiques et Sociales.
- Frédéric Gaschet & Julie Le Gallo, 2005. "The Spatial Dimension Of Segregation - A Case Study In Four French Urban Areas, 1990-1999 ," ERSA conference papers ersa05p704, European Regional Science Association.
- Jeanne DACHARY-BERNARD (UR ADBX, CEMAGREF) & Sandrine LYSER (UR ADBX, CEMAGREF) & Frédéric GASCHET (GREThA, CNRS, UMR 5113) & Guillaume POUYANNE (GREThA, CNRS, UMR 5113) & Stéphane VIROL (GREThA, C, 2011. "Real Estate and Land Values on the shoreline: a transaction-level analysis (In French)," Cahiers du GREThA 2011-07, Groupe de Recherche en Economie Théorique et Appliquée.
- Bénédicte Rulleau & Pierre-Alexandre Mahieu, 2012. "An overview of the landscape valuation studies conducted in France," Working Papers hal-00671540, HAL.
- Guillaume POUYANNE (GREThA-GRES), 2008.
"Economics of discontinuous urban development (In French),"
Cahiers du GRES
2008-06, Groupement de Recherches Economiques et Sociales.
- Guillaume POUYANNE (GREThA), 2008. "Economics of discontinuous urban development (In French)," Cahiers du GREThA 2008-07, Groupe de Recherche en Economie Théorique et Appliquée.
- Ghislaine Deymier, 2002. "Le nouveau périphérique Nord de Lyon : comment analyser les effets anticipés sur l'évolution du marché foncier et immobilier de l'agglomération lyonnaise ?," Post-Print halshs-00106258, HAL.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jean-Baptiste de Vathaire).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.