The activity-based costing method developments: state-of-the art and case study
AbstractThis paper analyses the management accounting applications which try to improve the Activity-based Costing method. In the first part, we describe them using the Strategic Management Accounting stream. Then, we present the main features of these applications. In the second part, we examine in details two of these features: The widening of the analysis perimeter and the relevant level of details to analyse the costs. Then, we analyse several proposals: Customer Profitability Analysis (CPA), Interorganizational Cost Management (IOCM), Resource Consumption Accounting (RCA) and Time-driven ABC (TDABC). Finally, we describe an experience observed in the IT supply European division of an international group. This group experiments what we call at the end a supply chain ABC tool to manage its interorganizational relations.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by HAL in its series Post-Print with number halshs-00482137.
Date of creation: Jan 2009
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published, The IUP Journal of Accounting Research and Audit Practices, 2009, 8, 1, 7-22
Note: View the original document on HAL open archive server: http://halshs.archives-ouvertes.fr/halshs-00482137/en/
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/
Activity-based Costing; Strategic Management Accounting; Time-driven ABC; Case study.;
Other versions of this item:
- Gregory Wegmann & Stephen Nozile, 2008. "The activity-based costing method developments: state-of-the art and case study," Working Papers FARGO 1080903, Université de Bourgogne - Crego EA 7317/Fargo (Research center in Finance,organizational ARchitecture and GOvernance).
- M40 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Accounting - - - General
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Cooper, Robin & Slagmulder, Regine, 2004. "Interorganizational cost management and relational context," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 1-26, January.
- Bromwich, Michael, 1990. "The case for strategic management accounting: The role of accounting information for strategy in competitive markets," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 15(1-2), pages 27-46.
- Lebas, Michel, 1999. "Which ABC? Accounting based on causality rather than activity-based costing," European Management Journal, Elsevier, vol. 17(5), pages 501-511, October.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.