Convergence in the Gender Wage Gap in Australia over the 1980s: Identifying the Role of Counteracting Forces via the Juhn, Murphy and Pierce Decomposition
AbstractThe current paper investigates whether rising inequality and changes in returns to skills can explain the pattern of wage convergence over the 1980s in Australia or whether other explanations for the observed 'slow down'in female relative wage progress should be sought.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Tasmania - Department of Economics in its series Papers with number 1996-10.
Length: 20 pages
Date of creation: 1996
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: UNIVERSITY OF TASMANIA, DEPARTMENT OF ECONOMICS, HOBART TASMANIA 7001 AUSTRALIA.
Phone: +61 3 6226 7672
Fax: +61 3 6226 7587
Web page: http://www.utas.edu.au/economics-finance/
More information through EDIRC
WOMEN; WAGES; LABOUR MARKET;
Other versions of this item:
- Michael Kidd & Michael Shannon, 2001. "Convergence in the gender wage gap in Australia over the 1980s: identifying the role of counteracting forces via the Juhn, Murphy and Pierce Decomposition," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 33(7), pages 929-936.
- J16 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Economics of Gender; Non-labor Discrimination
- J31 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Wage Level and Structure; Wage Differentials
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Burak Günalp & Seyit Mümin Cilasun & Elif Öznur Acar, 2013.
"Male-Female Labor Market Participation and the Extent of Gender-Based Wage Discrimination in Turkey,"
2013/15, Turkish Economic Association.
- Günalp, Burak & Cilasun, Seyit Mümin & Acar, Elif Öznur, 2013. "Male-Female Labor Market Participation and the Extent of Gender-Based Wage Discrimination in Turkey," MPRA Paper 51503, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.