Performance of the Bootstrap for DEA Estimators and Iterating the Principle
AbstractThis paper further examines the bootstrap method proposed by Simar and Wilson (1998) for DEA efficiency estimators. Some simplifications are provided, and we provide Monte Carlo evidence on the coverage probabilities of confidence intervals estimated by the method.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Catholique de Louvain - Institut de statistique in its series Papers with number 2.
Length: 40 pages
Date of creation: 2000
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Universite Catholique de Louvain, Institut de Statistique, Voie du Roman Pays, 34 B-1348 Louvain- La-Neuve, Belgique.
ECONOMETRICS ; ESTIMATOR;
Other versions of this item:
- Simar, L. & Wilson, P.W., 1999. "Performance of the Bootstrap for DEA Estimators and Iterating the Principle," Papers 0002, Catholique de Louvain - Institut de statistique.
- C00 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - General - - - General
- C13 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Estimation: General
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Greta Falavigna & Roberto Ippoliti & Alessandro Manello, 2012. "Performance of the health care industry: the Italian case study," CERIS Working Paper 201216, Institute for Economic Research on Firms and Growth - Moncalieri (TO).
- Nazin, Vladimir, 2010. "Nonparametric estimates of technical efficiency of Russian banks and crisis impact," Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 20(4), pages 28-52.
- Enflo, Kerstin & Hjertstrand, Per, 2006.
"Relative sources of European regional productivity convergence: A bootstrap frontier approach,"
2006:17, Lund University, Department of Economics.
- Kerstin Enflo & Per Hjertstrand, 2009. "Relative Sources of European Regional Productivity Convergence: A Bootstrap Frontier Approach," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 43(5), pages 643-659.
- Aldea, Anamaria & Ciobanu, Anamaria & Stancu, Ion, 2012. "The Renewable Energy Development: A Nonparametric Efficiency Analysis," Journal for Economic Forecasting, Institute for Economic Forecasting, vol. 0(1), pages 5-19, March.
- Johnes, Jill & Yu, Li, 2008.
"Measuring the research performance of Chinese higher education institutions using data envelopment analysis,"
China Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 19(4), pages 679-696, December.
- J Johnes & L Yu, 2006. "Measuring the research performance of Chinese higher education institutions using data envelopment analysis," Working Papers 577428, Lancaster University Management School, Economics Department.
- Barros, Carlos P. & Liang, Qi Bin & Peypoch, Nicolas, 2013. "The technical efficiency of US Airlines," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 139-148.
- W. Cooper & L. Seiford & K. Tone & J. Zhu, 2007. "Some models and measures for evaluating performances with DEA: past accomplishments and future prospects," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 28(3), pages 151-163, December.
- R. Amy Puenpatom & Robert Rosenman, 2006. "Efficiency of Thai provincial public hospitals after the introduction of National Health Insurance Program," Working Papers 2006-2, School of Economic Sciences, Washington State University.
- Johnes, Jill, 2006. "Data envelopment analysis and its application to the measurement of efficiency in higher education," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 25(3), pages 273-288, June.
- Rajitkanok Puenpatom & Robert Rosenman, 2008. "Efficiency of Thai provincial public hospitals during the introduction of universal health coverage using capitation," Health Care Management Science, Springer, vol. 11(4), pages 319-338, December.
- Simar, Leopold & Wilson, Paul W., 2007. "Estimation and inference in two-stage, semi-parametric models of production processes," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 136(1), pages 31-64, January.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.