Testing Restrictions in Nonparametric Efficiency Models
AbstractThis paper discusses statistical procedures for testing various restrictions in the context of nonparametric models of technical efficiency. In particular, tests for whether inputs or outputs are irrelevant, as well as tests of whether inputs or outputs may be aggregated are formulated.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Catholique de Louvain - Institut de statistique in its series Papers with number 0013.
Length: 33 pages
Date of creation: 2000
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Universite Catholique de Louvain, Institut de Statistique, Voie du Roman Pays, 34 B-1348 Louvain- La-Neuve, Belgique.
ECONOMETRIC MODELS ; EFFICIENCY ; TESTS;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C14 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Semiparametric and Nonparametric Methods: General
- C52 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Model Evaluation, Validation, and Selection
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Léopold Simar & Paul Wilson, 2011. "Inference by the m out of n bootstrap in nonparametric frontier models," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 36(1), pages 33-53, August.
- Gilbert, R. Alton & Wheelock, David C. & Wilson, Paul W., 2004.
"New evidence on the Fed's productivity in providing payments services,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 28(9), pages 2175-2190, September.
- R. Alton Gilbert & David C. Wheelock & Paul W. Wilson, 2002. "New evidence on the Fed's productivity in providing payments services," Working Papers 2002-020, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Torben Schubert & Léopold Simar, 2011. "Innovation and export activities in the German mechanical engineering sector: an application of testing restrictions in production analysis," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 36(1), pages 55-69, August.
- Cinzia Daraio & Leopold Simar, 2005.
"Conditional Nonparametric Frontier Models for Convex and Non Convex Technologies: a Unifying Approach,"
LEM Papers Series
2005/12, Laboratory of Economics and Management (LEM), Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies, Pisa, Italy.
- Cinzia Daraio & Léopold Simar, 2007. "Conditional nonparametric frontier models for convex and nonconvex technologies: a unifying approach," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 28(1), pages 13-32, October.
- Christian von Hirschhausen & Astrid Cullmann, 2008. "Next Stop: Restructuring? : A Nonparametric Efficiency Analysis of German Public Transport Companies," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 831, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Sergio Destefanis & Vania Sena, 2005. "Public capital and total factor productivity: New evidence from the Italian regions, 1970-98," Regional Studies, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 39(5), pages 603-617.
- Miika Linna & Unto Häkkinen & Mikko Peltola & Jon Magnussen & Kjartan Anthun & Sverre Kittelsen & Annette Roed & Kim Olsen & Emma Medin & Clas Rehnberg, 2010. "Measuring cost efficiency in the Nordic Hospitals—a cross-sectional comparison of public hospitals in 2002," Health Care Management Science, Springer, vol. 13(4), pages 346-357, December.
- Dhungana, Basanta R. & Nuthall, Peter L. & Nartea, Gilbert V., 2004. "Measuring the economic inefficiency of Nepalese rice farms using data envelopment analysis," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 48(2), June.
- Michel Mouchart & Marie Vandresse, 2007. "Bargaining powers and market segmentation in freight transport," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 22(7), pages 1295-1313.
- Simar, Leopold & Wilson, Paul W., 2007. "Estimation and inference in two-stage, semi-parametric models of production processes," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 136(1), pages 31-64, January.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.