Two Notes of Discrimination and Decomposition
AbstractIt turns out that the Oaxaca-Blinder wage decomposition is inadequate when it comes to calculation of separate contributions for indicator variables. The contributions are not robust against a change of reference group. I extend the Oaxaca-Blinder decomposition to handle this problem.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Centre for Labour Market and Social Research, Danmark- in its series Papers with number 98-01.
Length: 18 pages
Date of creation: 1998
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Danmark; Centre for Labour Market and Social Research. Science Park Aarhus Wieds Vej 10C, 8000 Aarhus C, Danmark
Phone: +45 8942 2350
Fax: +45 8942 2365
Web page: http://www.cls.dk/
More information through EDIRC
DISCRIMINATION ; WAGES;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- J70 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Labor Discrimination - - - General
- J71 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Labor Discrimination - - - Hiring and Firing
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Stefan M. Golder, 2000. "Endowment or Discrimination? An Analysis of ImmigrantÂ–Native Earnings Differentials in Switzerland," Kiel Working Papers 967, Kiel Institute for the World Economy.
- Golder, Stefan M. & Straubhaar, Thomas, 1999. "Discrimination in the Swiss Labour Market: an Empirical Analysis," CEPR Discussion Papers 2100, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Nielsen, Helena Skyt, 1998. "Discrimination and detailed decomposition in a logit model," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 61(1), pages 115-120, October.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.