Private Investment and Macroeconomic Environment in the South Pacific Island Countries : A Cross-Country Analysis
AbstractThe paper undertakes an empirical investigation of key macroeconomic factors affecting private investment in the South Pacific developing member countries. The study finds that instability in the real exchange rate had a sizeable adverse effect on private investment.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Asian Development Bank in its series Papers with number 14.
Length: 31 pages
Date of creation: 1996
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Asian Development Bank, Economics and Development Resource Center. P.O. Box 789 Manila Philippines.
Fax: (63-2) 636-2648
Web page: http://www.adb.org/
More information through EDIRC
INTERNATIONAL INVESTMENT ; DEVELOPING COUNTRIES ; EXCHANGE RATE;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F31 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Foreign Exchange
- O4 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity
- F21 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - International Investment; Long-Term Capital Movements
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Perron, P., 1986.
"Trends and Random Walks in Macroeconomic Time Series: Further Evidence From a New Approach,"
Cahiers de recherche
8650, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
- Perron, Pierre, 1988. "Trends and random walks in macroeconomic time series : Further evidence from a new approach," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 12(2-3), pages 297-332.
- Kormendi, Roger C. & Meguire, Philip G., 1985. "Macroeconomic determinants of growth: Cross-country evidence," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 141-163, September.
- Joshua Greene & Delano Villanueva, 1991. "Private Investment in Developing Countries: An Empirical Analysis," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 38(1), pages 33-58, March.
- Fielding, David, 1997. "Adjustment, trade policy and investment slumps: evidence from Africa," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 52(1), pages 121-137, February.
- Dhaneshwar Ghura, 1997. "Private Investment and Endogenous Growth - Evidence From Cameroon," IMF Working Papers 97/165, International Monetary Fund.
- Granger, C. W. J. & Newbold, P., 1974. "Spurious regressions in econometrics," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 2(2), pages 111-120, July.
- Muyambiri, Brian & Chiwira, Oscar & Enowbi Batuo, Michael & Chiranga, Ngonidzashe, 2010. "The Causal Relationship between Private and Public Investment in Zimbabwe," MPRA Paper 26671, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Teuea Toatu, 2002. "Unravelling the Pacific Paradox," International and Development Economics Working Papers idec02-2, International and Development Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.