Demutualization, Outsider Ownership and Stock Exchange Performance - Empirical Evidence
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Department of Finance, Goethe University Frankfurt am Main in its series Working Paper Series: Finance and Accounting with number 157.
Date of creation: 2008
Date of revision:
exchanges; demutualization; effciency; DEA; Malmquist-Productivity; Tobit panel data regressions; bootstrapping;
Other versions of this item:
- Baris Serifsoy, 2008. "Demutualization, outsider ownership, and stock exchange performance: empirical evidence," Economics of Governance, Springer, Springer, vol. 9(4), pages 305-339, October.
- F39 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Other
- G32 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Financing Policy; Financial Risk and Risk Management; Capital and Ownership Structure; Value of Firms; Goodwill
- C23 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Spatio-temporal Models
- C24 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Truncated and Censored Models; Switching Regression Models
- C61 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Optimization Techniques; Programming Models; Dynamic Analysis
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- repec:fth:bfdipa:21/2001 is not listed on IDEAS
- Schmiedel, Heiko, 2001. "Technological development and concentration of stock exchanges in Europe," Research Discussion Papers, Bank of Finland 21/2001, Bank of Finland.
- Marco Pagano & Otto Randl & Ailsa A. Röell & Josef Zechner, 2000.
"What Makes Stock Exchanges Succeed? Evidence from Cross-Listing Decisions,"
CSEF Working Papers, Centre for Studies in Economics and Finance (CSEF), University of Naples, Italy
50, Centre for Studies in Economics and Finance (CSEF), University of Naples, Italy.
- Pagano, Marco & Randl, Otto & Roell, Ailsa A. & Zechner, Josef, 2001. "What makes stock exchanges succeed? Evidence from cross-listing decisions," European Economic Review, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 45(4-6), pages 770-782, May.
- Pagano, Marco & Randl, Otto & Röell, Ailsa A & Zechner, Josef, 2001. "What Makes Stock Exchanges Succeed? Evidence from Cross-Listing Decisions," CEPR Discussion Papers, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers 2683, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Krishnamurti, Chandrasekhar & Sequeira, John M. & Fangjian, Fu, 2003. "Stock exchange governance and market quality," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 27(9), pages 1859-1878, September.
- Charnes, A. & Cooper, W. W. & Rhodes, E., 1978. "Measuring the efficiency of decision making units," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 2(6), pages 429-444, November.
- Oliver Hart & John Moore, 1996.
"The Governance of Exchanges: Members' Co-operatives Versus Outside Ownership,"
STICERD - Theoretical Economics Paper Series, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE
/1996/292, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Hart, Oliver & Moore, John, 1996. "The Governance of Exchanges: Members' Cooperatives versus Outside Ownership," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, Oxford University Press, vol. 12(4), pages 53-69, Winter.
- Oulton,Nicholas & O'Mahony,Mary, 1994. "Productivity and Growth," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521453455.
- Benn Steil, . "Changes in the Ownership and Governance of Securities Exchanges: Causes and Consequences," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania 02-15, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Puneet Handa, 2004. "The Economic Value of a Trading Floor: Evidence from the American Stock Exchange," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, University of Chicago Press, vol. 77(2), pages 331-356, April.
- Otchere, Isaac & Owusu-Antwi, George & Mohsni, Sana, 2013. "Why are stock exchange IPOs so underpriced and yet outperform in the long run?," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 27(C), pages 76-98.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Reinhard H. Schmidt).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.