Stock exchange business models and their operative performance
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Banking & Finance.
Volume (Year): 31 (2007)
Issue (Month): 10 (October)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbf
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Allen N. Berger & David B. Humphrey, 1997.
"Efficiency of Financial Institutions: International Survey and Directions for Future Research,"
Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers
97-05, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Berger, Allen N. & Humphrey, David B., 1997. "Efficiency of financial institutions: International survey and directions for future research," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 98(2), pages 175-212, April.
- Allen N. Berger & David B. Humphrey, 1997. "Efficiency of financial institutions: international survey and directions for future research," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 1997-11, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- A. Charnes & W. W. Cooper & E. Rhodes, 1981. "Evaluating Program and Managerial Efficiency: An Application of Data Envelopment Analysis to Program Follow Through," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 27(6), pages 668-697, June.
- Schmiedel, Heiko, 2001. "Technological development and concentration of stock exchanges in Europe," Research Discussion Papers 21/2001, Bank of Finland.
- Reena Aggarwal, 2002. "Demutualization And Corporate Governance Of Stock Exchanges," Journal of Applied Corporate Finance, Morgan Stanley, vol. 15(1), pages 105-113.
- Koeppl, Thorsten Volker & Monnet, Cyril, 2004.
"Guess what: it's the settlements!,"
Working Paper Series
0375, European Central Bank.
- Schmiedel, Heiko, 2002. "Total factor productivity growth in European stock exchanges: A non-parametric frontier approach," Research Discussion Papers 11/2002, Bank of Finland.
- Pagano, Marco & Randl, Otto & Röell, Ailsa A & Zechner, Josef, 2001.
"What Makes Stock Exchanges Succeed? Evidence from Cross-Listing Decisions,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
2683, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Pagano, Marco & Randl, Otto & Roell, Ailsa A. & Zechner, Josef, 2001. "What makes stock exchanges succeed? Evidence from cross-listing decisions," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 45(4-6), pages 770-782, May.
- Marco Pagano & Otto Randl & Ailsa A. Röell & Josef Zechner, 2000. "What Makes Stock Exchanges Succeed? Evidence from Cross-Listing Decisions," CSEF Working Papers 50, Centre for Studies in Economics and Finance (CSEF), University of Naples, Italy.
- repec:fth:bfdipa:21/2001 is not listed on IDEAS
- Dusansky, Richard & Wilson, Paul W, 1994. "Technical Efficiency in the Decentralized Care of the Developmentally Disabled," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 76(2), pages 340-45, May.
- Rajiv D. Banker, 1993. "Maximum Likelihood, Consistency and Data Envelopment Analysis: A Statistical Foundation," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 39(10), pages 1265-1273, October.
- Pulley, Lawrence B & Humphrey, David B, 1993. "The Role of Fixed Costs and Cost Complementarities in Determining Scope Economies and the Cost of Narrow Banking Proposals," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 66(3), pages 437-62, July.
- R. D. Banker & A. Charnes & W. W. Cooper, 1984. "Some Models for Estimating Technical and Scale Inefficiencies in Data Envelopment Analysis," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 30(9), pages 1078-1092, September.
- Tapking, Jens & Yang, Jing, 2004.
"Horizontal and vertical integration and securities trading and settlement,"
Working Paper Series
0387, European Central Bank.
- Tapking, Jens & Yang, Jing, 2006. "Horizontal and Vertical Integration in Securities Trading and Settlement," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 38(7), pages 1765-1795, October.
- Jens Tapking & Jing Yang, 2004. "Horizontal and vertical integration in securities trading and settlement," Bank of England working papers 245, Bank of England.
- Caves, Douglas W & Christensen, Laurits R & Diewert, W Erwin, 1982. "The Economic Theory of Index Numbers and the Measurement of Input, Output, and Productivity," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(6), pages 1393-1414, November.
- Schmiedel, Heiko & Malkamaki, Markku & Tarkka, Juha, 2006. "Economies of scale and technological development in securities depository and settlement systems," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 30(6), pages 1783-1806, June.
- Fare, Rolf & Shawna Grosskopf & Mary Norris & Zhongyang Zhang, 1994. "Productivity Growth, Technical Progress, and Efficiency Change in Industrialized Countries," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 84(1), pages 66-83, March.
- Yakov Amihud & Baruch Lev, 1981. "Risk Reduction as a Managerial Motive for Conglomerate Mergers," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 12(2), pages 605-617, Autumn.
- Charnes, A. & Cooper, W. W. & Rhodes, E., 1978. "Measuring the efficiency of decision making units," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 2(6), pages 429-444, November.
- Benn Steil, . "Changes in the Ownership and Governance of Securities Exchanges: Causes and Consequences," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 02-15, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Maurizio Polato & Josanco Floreani, 2012. "Consolidation in the Exchange Industry: What are Exchanges Actually Worth? Some Evidence from a Crises Environment," Transition Studies Review, Springer, vol. 19(2), pages 195-203, November.
- Merrouche, Ouarda & Schanz, Jochen, 2010.
"Banks' intraday liquidity management during operational outages: Theory and evidence from the UK payment system,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 314-323, February.
- Merrouche, Ouarda & Schanz, Jochen, 2009. "Banks' intraday liquidity management during operational outages: theory and evidence from the UK payment system," Bank of England working papers 370, Bank of England.
- Martin, Antoine & McAndrews, James, 2010.
"A study of competing designs for a liquidity-saving mechanism,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 34(8), pages 1818-1826, August.
- Antoine Martin & James McAndrews, 2008. "A study of competing designs for a liquidity-saving mechanism," Staff Reports 336, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Bollen, Nicolas P.B. & Christie, William G., 2009. "Market microstructure of the Pink Sheets," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 33(7), pages 1326-1339, July.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.