The risk premium and the liquidity premium in foreign exchange markets
AbstractThe forward exchange rate may include a liquidity premium as well as a risk premium. The nature of these premiums is investigated in a general equilibrium model. The more obvious point the paper makes is that the forward rate will be affected by the liquidity of financial assets. The subtle point the paper makes is that the liquidity premium of the forward rate is also influenced by the liquidity of goods. Copyright 1992 by Economics Department of the University of Pennsylvania and the Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City in its series Research Working Paper with number 90-07.
Date of creation: 1990
Date of revision:
Other versions of this item:
- Engel, Charles, 1992. "The Risk Premium and the Liquidity Premium in Foreign Exchange Markets," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 33(4), pages 871-79, November.
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sergio L. Schmukler & Luis Serven, 2002.
"Pricing Currency Risk: Facts and Puzzles from Currency Boards,"
NBER Working Papers
9047, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Schmukler, Sergio L. & Serven, Luis, 2002. "Pricing currency risk : facts and puzzles from currency boards," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2815, The World Bank.
- Kevin X.D. Huang & Thaneepanichskul Suchada, 2003. "Sources of Exchange Rate Fluctuations: The Cases of Mexico and Thailand in the Aftermaths of their Recent Currency Crises," Annals of Economics and Finance, Society for AEF, vol. 4(2), pages 375-400, November.
- Juan-Ángel Jiménez-Martín & Rafael Flores de Frutos, 2004. "The Fit of Dynamic Equilibrium Models of Exchange Rate," Documentos de Trabajo del ICAE 0411, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Facultad de Ciencias Económicas y Empresariales, Instituto Complutense de Análisis Económico.
- Engel, Charles, 1996.
"The forward discount anomaly and the risk premium: A survey of recent evidence,"
Journal of Empirical Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 3(2), pages 123-192, June.
- Charles Engel, 1995. "The Forward Discount Anomaly and the Risk Premium: A Survey of Recent Evidence," NBER Working Papers 5312, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Prakash Apte & Piet Sercu & Raman Uppal, 1996. "The Equilibrium Approach to Exchange Rates: Theory and Tests," NBER Working Papers 5748, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Schmukler, Sergio L. & Serven, Luis, 2002. "Pricing currency risk under currency boards," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(2), pages 367-391, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Lu Dayrit).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.