The use of market information in pricing deposit insurance
AbstractAn argument that information about the value of the deposit-insurance guarantee is available from market-generated data.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland in its series Working Paper with number 8609.
Date of creation: 1986
Date of revision:
Other versions of this item:
- Thomson, James B, 1987. "The Use of Market Information in Pricing Deposit Insurance," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 19(4), pages 528-37, November.
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ramon P. DeGennaro & James B. Thomson, 1994.
"Anticipating bailouts: the incentive-conflict model and the collapse of the Ohio Deposit Guarantee Fund,"
9407, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- DeGennaro, Ramon P. & Thomson, James B., 1995. "Anticipating bailouts: The incentive-conflict model and the collapse of the Ohio deposit guarantee fund," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 19(8), pages 1401-1418, November.
- Kane, Edward J & Unal, Haluk, 1990.
" Modeling Structural and Temporal Variation in the Market's Valuation of Banking Firms,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 45(1), pages 113-36, March.
- Edward J. Kane & Haluk Unal, 1990. "Modeling Structural and Temporal Variation in the Market's Valuation of Banking Firms," NBER Working Papers 2693, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Joseph G. Haubrich, 1994.
"Bank diversification: laws and fallacies of large numbers,"
9417, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Joseph G. Haubrich, 1998. "Bank diversification: laws and fallacies of large numbers," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, issue Q II, pages 2-9.
- Jeffery Gunther & Linda Hooks & Kenneth Robinson, 2000.
"Adverse Selection and Competing Deposit Insurance Systems in Pre-Depression Texas,"
Journal of Financial Services Research,
Springer, vol. 17(3), pages 237-258, September.
- Jeffery W. Gunther & Linda M. Hooks & Kenneth J. Robinson, 1997. "Adverse selection and competing deposit insurance systems in pre-depression Texas," Financial Industry Studies Working Paper 97-4, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
- Joseph G. Haubrich & James B. Thomson, 1998. "Large shareholders and market discipline in a regulated industry: a clinical study of Mellon Bank," Working Paper 9803, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Hwang, Dar-Yeh & Shie, Fu-Shuen & Wang, Kehluh & Lin, Jung-Chu, 2009. "The pricing of deposit insurance considering bankruptcy costs and closure policies," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 33(10), pages 1909-1919, October.
- Eccher, Elizabeth A. & Ramesh, K. & Thiagarajan, S. Ramu, 1996. "Fair value disclosures by bank holding companies," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1-3), pages 79-117, October.
- Ying Yan, 1998. "The FDICIA and bank CEOs' pay-performance relationship: an empirical investigation," Working Paper 9805, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- William P. Osterberg & James B. Thomson, 1990. "Optimal financial structure and bank capital requirements: an empirical investigation," Working Paper 9007, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- William P. Osterberg, 1990. "Bank capital requirements and leverage: a review of the literature," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, issue Q IV, pages 2-12.
- Kane, Edward J. & Yu, Min-Teh, 1996. "Opportunity cost of capital forbearance during the final years of the FSLIC mess," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 36(3), pages 271-290.
- William P. Osterberg & James B. Thomson, 1994. "Depositor preference and the cost of capital for insured depository institutions," Working Paper 9404, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Lee Faulhaber).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.