The Actors and the Financial Affairs of the Northern Dimension
AbstractThis research describes the role of International Financial Institutions and the Financial Framework of the European Union in development of the Northern Dimension countries. It also describes the region as an operational environment. We have compared the loans disbursed to the region in 1990-1996 and 1997-2000, and their proportion of all loans has increased. Furthermore, co-operation in environmental projects has been taken forward in the form of Northern Dimension Environmental Partnership. Financing of projects in Northwest Russia present the greatest problem, as it is still rather insignificant and directed mostly to the most developed and richest regions. Due to these problems concerning the Northwest Russia, we have described more specifically the operational environment of this region.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Government Institute for Economic Research Finland (VATT) in its series Research Reports with number 86.
Date of creation: 14 May 2002
Date of revision:
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- R50 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Regional Government Analysis - - - General
- F30 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - General
- G20 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - General
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Risto Vaittinen, 2000. "Eastern Enlargement of the European Union - Transition in applicant countries and evaluation of the economic prospects with a dynamic CGE-model," Research Reports 64, Government Institute for Economic Research Finland (VATT).
- Takis Venetoklis, 2001. "Business Subsidies and Bureaucratic Behaviour," Research Reports 79, Government Institute for Economic Research Finland (VATT).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Anita Niskanen).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.