Analysis of Internet Patenting Strategies of E-commerce Firms
AbstractPatents and patent applications are important indicators of innovative activity in industrial R & D, especially in areas such as Information Technology (IT), where technology growth is rapid. Within the IT sector this is especially true of patents for Internet-related technologies where patenting is often the only way by which entry-barriers can be erected against competitors. This paper presents the analysis of Internet-related patent applications that have been filed under the Paris Cooperation Treaty (PCT) of the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) by fourteen major international firms.[Working Paper No. 532]
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by eSocialSciences in its series Working Papers with number id:2600.
Date of creation: Jun 2010
Date of revision:
Note: Institutional Papers
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.esocialsciences.org
Patents; Information Technology; Internet-related technologies; Paris Cooperation Treaty (PCT); World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO); international firms;
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-07-03 (All new papers)
- NEP-CSE-2010-07-03 (Economics of Strategic Management)
- NEP-ICT-2010-07-03 (Information & Communication Technologies)
- NEP-IND-2010-07-03 (Industrial Organization)
- NEP-INO-2010-07-03 (Innovation)
- NEP-IPR-2010-07-03 (Intellectual Property Rights)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Schiffel, Dennis & Kitti, Carole, 1978. "Rates of invention: international patent comparisons," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 7(4), pages 324-340, October.
- Bosworth, Derek L., 1984. "Foreign patent flows to and from the United Kingdom," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 115-124, April.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Padma Prakash).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.