Morbidity Patterns In Kerala: Levels and Determinants
AbstractThis paper examines the levels, patterns, and determinants of morbidity in Kerala. This study is based on a community survey conducted in 2004, in three districts of the state namely Thiruvananthapuram, Malappuram and Kannur. The survey covers 3320 households having 17071 individuals in all age groups. Reported morbidity was captured for a period of fifteen days prior to the data of survey. Life course analysis was performed to understand the risk of morbidity at various stages, like infancy, early childhood, late childhood, adolescence, reproductive ages and old age, in relation to the impact of socio-economic, demographic and regional factors. [WP No. 411].
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by eSocialSciences in its series Working Papers with number id:2176.
Date of creation: Aug 2009
Date of revision:
Note: Institutional Papers
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.esocialsciences.org
morbidity; kerala; reproductive ages; adolescence; reporductive; community survey; state; Thiruvananthapuram; Malappuram; households; age groups; age; survey; data; old age; socio-economic; demographic; regional factors; life; life course analysis; childhood; Kannur;
Other versions of this item:
- K. Navaneetham & M.Kabir & C.S Krishnakumar, 2009. "Morbidity patterns in Kerala: Levels and determinants," Centre for Development Studies, Trivendrum Working Papers, Centre for Development Studies, Trivendrum, India 411, Centre for Development Studies, Trivendrum, India.
- I10 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - General
- I12 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Health Production
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-08-22 (All new papers)
- NEP-CWA-2009-08-22 (Central & Western Asia)
- NEP-HEA-2009-08-22 (Health Economics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Duraiswamy, P., 2001. "Health status and curative health care in rural India," Working Papers, National Council of Applied Economic Research 78, National Council of Applied Economic Research.
- Navaneetham, K. & Dharmalingam, A., 2002. "Utilization of maternal health care services in Southern India," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 55(10), pages 1849-1869, November.
- B.S. Suran & D. Narayana, 2009. "The Deluge of debt: Under-standing the financial needs of poor households," Centre for Development Studies, Trivendrum Working Papers, Centre for Development Studies, Trivendrum, India 412, Centre for Development Studies, Trivendrum, India.
- B. S. Suran & Narayana D, 2009. "The Deluge of Debt: Understanding the Financial Needs of Poor Households," Working Papers id:2260, eSocialSciences.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Padma Prakash).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.