Aids In India
AbstractThis paper revolves around the Public health related aspects of industrial and intellectual property rights policies in a developing country with respect to Aids in India. It also focusses on its preventive measures, status of the epidemic with referance to the Indian Specificities, measures of Public health, availability and knowledge of condoms, NACO's effort to spread awareness and the ARV production in India with main players as in Cipla and Ranbaxy. [CSH OP NO 8]
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by eSocialSciences in its series Working Papers with number id:1974.
Date of creation: May 2009
Date of revision:
Note: Institutional Papers
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.esocialsciences.org
NACO; HIV; Asia; Northern multinational companies; anti-AIDS treatments; anti-retroviral drugs; Glaxo-Smith-Kline; Bristol-Myers Squibb; Boerhinger- Ingelheim; National AIDS Committee; National AIDS Control Program; sexually transmitted diseases; antenatal clinics; World Bank Model; epidemic; high-risk sexual behaviour; prostitution; public awareness; prevention; blood collection system; NACO objective; ARV; Ranbaxy; Cipla; condoms;
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Fink, Carsten, 2000. "How stronger patent protection in India might affect the behavior of transnational pharaceutical industries," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2352, The World Bank.
- Nogues, Julio, 1990. "Patents and pharmaceutical drugs : understanding the pressures on developing countries," Policy Research Working Paper Series 502, The World Bank.
- Krueger, Anne O, 1974. "The Political Economy of the Rent-Seeking Society," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 64(3), pages 291-303, June.
- Richard C. Levin & Alvin K. Klevorick & Richard R. Nelson & Sidney G. Winter, 1987. "Appropriating the Returns from Industrial Research and Development," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 18(3), pages 783-832.
- Jacquemin, Alexis, 1989. "International and Multinational Strategic Behaviour," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 42(4), pages 495-513.
- Crampes, Claude, 2000. "La recherche et la protection des innovations dans le secteur pharmaceutique," Open Access publications from University of Toulouse 1 Capitole http://neeo.univ-tlse1.fr, University of Toulouse 1 Capitole.
- Hillel Rapoport, 1995. "Recherche de rente, politique commerciale et développement," Revue Française d'Économie, Programme National Persée, vol. 10(2), pages 147-185.
- SÃ©bastien Oliveau, 2007. "Periurbanisation in Tamil Nadu: A Quantitative Approach," Working Papers id:1228, eSocialSciences.
- Guennif, Samira & Ramani, Shyama V., 2012. "Explaining divergence in catching-up in pharma between India and Brazil using the NSI framework," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 41(2), pages 430-441.
- Nicolas Gravel, 2007.
"Is India Better off Today Than 15 Years Ago? A Robust Multidimensional Answer,"
- Nicolas Gravel & Abhiroop Mukhopadhyay, 2010. "Is India better off today than 15 years ago? A robust multidimensional answer," Journal of Economic Inequality, Springer, vol. 8(2), pages 173-195, June.
- Nicolas Gravel & Abhiroop Mukhopadhyay, 2007. "Is India Better off Today than 15 Years ago? A Robust Multidimensional Answer," IDEP Working Papers 0704, Institut d'economie publique (IDEP), Marseille, France, revised 18 May 2007.
- Veronique Dupont & Sridharan N, 2007. "Peri-Urban Dynamics: Case studies in Chennai, Hyderabad and Mumbai," Working Papers id:974, eSocialSciences.
- Deepa Menon Choudhary & Amit Garg & P.R Shukla, 2009. "Assessing Policy Choices For Managing SO2 Emisions From Indian Power Sector," Working Papers id:1957, eSocialSciences.
- Renaud Egreteau, 2010. "Instability at the Gate: Indiaâ€™s Troubled Northeast and its External Connections," Working Papers id:2547, eSocialSciences.
- repec:hal:wpaper:halshs-00176508 is not listed on IDEAS
- Laurence Henry, 2007. "Trade and Economic Arrangements Between India and South Asia in the Context of Regional Construction and Globalisation," Working Papers id:1055, eSocialSciences.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Padma Prakash).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.