Igualdad y eficiencia: Un recuento de esquemas tributarios para México
AbstractThis work surveys possible tributary schemes that might complement or substitute part of the fiscal structure that currently exists in Mexico. Some of the schemes are audacious, as it is the case of the progressive consumption tax, and other reasonable and plausible ones, as it is the case of the Tobin tax on speculative capital flows.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Tecnológico de Monterrey, Campus Ciudad de México in its series EGAP Working Papers with number 2004-01.
Date of creation: Oct 2003
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in Economía, Teoría y Práctica, 2003, vol. 19, pp. 73-89.
consumption tax; Tobin tax; cash flow taxation; impuesto al consumo; impuesto al flujo; impuesto Tobin;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- H24 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Personal Income and Other Nonbusiness Taxes and Subsidies
- H25 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Business Taxes and Subsidies
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Carlos M. Urzúa, 2001.
"Welfare consequences of a recent tax reform in Mexico,"
El Colegio de México, Centro de Estudios Económicos, vol. 16(1), pages 57-72.
- Urzúa, Carlos M., 2000. "Welfare Consequences of a Recent Tax Reform in Mexico," EGAP Working Papers 200306, Tecnológico de Monterrey, Campus Ciudad de México.
- Joel Slemrod & Jon Bakija, 2004. "Taxing Ourselves, 3rd Edition: A Citizen's Guide to the Debate over Taxes," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 3, volume 1, number 026269302x, December.
- James Tobin, 1978.
"A Proposal for International Monetary Reform,"
Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers
506, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Urzúa, Carlos M., 2012. "Cinco propuestas en materia tributaria," EGAP Working Papers 2012-03, Tecnológico de Monterrey, Campus Ciudad de México.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Amaranta Arroyo).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.