Igualdad y eficiencia: Un recuento de esquemas tributarios para México
AbstractThis work surveys possible tributary schemes that might complement or substitute part of the fiscal structure that currently exists in Mexico. Some of the schemes are audacious, as it is the case of the progressive consumption tax, and other reasonable and plausible ones, as it is the case of the Tobin tax on speculative capital flows.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Tecnológico de Monterrey, Campus Ciudad de México in its series EGAP Working Papers with number 2004-01.
Date of creation: Oct 2003
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in Economía, Teoría y Práctica, 2003, vol. 19, pp. 73-89.
consumption tax; Tobin tax; cash flow taxation; impuesto al consumo; impuesto al flujo; impuesto Tobin;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- H24 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Personal Income and Other Nonbusiness Taxes and Subsidies
- H25 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Business Taxes and Subsidies
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- James Tobin, 1978.
"A Proposal for International Monetary Reform,"
Eastern Economic Journal,
Eastern Economic Association, vol. 4(3-4), pages 153-159, Jul/Oct.
- Urzúa, Carlos M., 2000.
"Welfare Consequences of a Recent Tax Reform in Mexico,"
EGAP Working Papers
200306, Tecnológico de Monterrey, Campus Ciudad de México.
- Carlos M. Urzúa, 2001. "Welfare consequences of a recent tax reform in Mexico," Estudios Económicos, El Colegio de México, Centro de Estudios Económicos, vol. 16(1), pages 57-72.
- Joel Slemrod & Jon Bakija, 2004. "Taxing Ourselves, 3rd Edition: A Citizen's Guide to the Debate over Taxes," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 3, volume 1, number 026269302x, December.
- Urzúa, Carlos M., 2012. "Cinco propuestas en materia tributaria," EGAP Working Papers 2012-03, Tecnológico de Monterrey, Campus Ciudad de México.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Amaranta Arroyo).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.