A simple proof of existence of equilibrium in a one sector growth modelp with bounded or unbounded returns from below
AbstractWe analyze a Ramsey economy when net investment is constrained to be non negative. We prove existence of a competitive equilibrium when utility need not be bounded from below and the Inada-type conditions need not hold. The analysis is carried out by means of a direct and technically standard strategy. This direct strategy (a) allows us to obtain detailed results concerning properties of competitive equilibria, and (b) is amenable to be easily adapted for the analysis of analogous models often found in macroeconomics.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES) in its series Discussion Papers (IRES - Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales) with number 2000025.
Date of creation: 01 Oct 2000
Date of revision:
Ramsey model; one sector growth model; non negative net investment; competitive equilibrium;
Other versions of this item:
- DURAN, Jorge & LE VAN, Cuong, 2000. "A simple proof of existence of equilibrium in a one sector growth model with bounded or unbounded returns from below," CORE Discussion Papers 2000050, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- C62 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Existence and Stability Conditions of Equilibrium
- D51 - Microeconomics - - General Equilibrium and Disequilibrium - - - Exchange and Production Economies
- E13 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - General Aggregative Models - - - Neoclassical
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2002-02-10 (All new papers)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Amir, Rabah, 1996.
"Sensitivity analysis of multisector optimal economic dynamics,"
Journal of Mathematical Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 123-141.
- Amir, R., 1991. "Sensitivity analysis of multi-sector optimal economic dynamics," CORE Discussion Papers 1991006, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Bewley, Truman F., 1972. "Existence of equilibria in economies with infinitely many commodities," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 4(3), pages 514-540, June.
- Aliprantis, Charalambos D. & Border, Kim C. & Burkinshaw, Owen, 1997. "New Proof Of The Existence Of Equilibrium In A Single-Sector Growth Model," Macroeconomic Dynamics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 1(04), pages 669-679, December.
- Peleg, Bezalel & Yaari, Menahem E, 1970. "Markets with Countably Many Commodities," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 11(3), pages 369-77, October.
- Robert A. Becker & Tapan Mitra, 2011.
"Efficient Ramsey Equilbria,"
Caepr Working Papers
2011-009, Center for Applied Economics and Policy Research, Economics Department, Indiana University Bloomington.
- Cuong Le Van & Yiannis Vailakis, 2004. "Existence of competitive equilibrium in a single-sector growth model with elastic labour," Cahiers de la Maison des Sciences Economiques b04123, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1).
- Gustavo A. Marrero, 2005.
"Revisiting the optimal stationary public investment policy in endogenous growth economies,"
Documentos de Trabajo del ICAE
0509, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Facultad de Ciencias Económicas y Empresariales, Instituto Complutense de Análisis Económico.
- Marrero, Gustavo A., 2008. "Revisiting The Optimal Stationary Public Investment Policy In Endogenous Growth Economies," Macroeconomic Dynamics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 12(02), pages 172-194, April.
- Robert A. Becker, 2012.
"Optimal growth with heterogeneous agents and the twisted turnpike: An example,"
International Journal of Economic Theory,
The International Society for Economic Theory, vol. 8(1), pages 27-47, 03.
- Robert Becker, 2011. "Optimal Growth with Heterogeneous Agents and the Twisted Turnpike: An Example," Caepr Working Papers 2011-008, Center for Applied Economics and Policy Research, Economics Department, Indiana University Bloomington.
- repec:hal:journl:halshs-00639731 is not listed on IDEAS
- Le Van, Cuong & Nguyen, Manh-Hung & Vailakis, Yiannis, 2007.
"Equilibrium dynamics in an aggregative model of capital accumulation with heterogeneous agents and elastic labor,"
Journal of Mathematical Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 43(3-4), pages 287-317, April.
- Cuong Le Van & Manh Hung Nguyen & Yiannis Vailakis, 2005. "Equilibrium dynamics in an aggregative model of capital accumulation with heterogeneous agents and elastic labor," Cahiers de la Maison des Sciences Economiques b05096, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1).
- Cuong Le Van & Cagri Saglam & Selman Erol, 2011.
"Existence, Optimality and Dynamics of Equilibria with Endogenous Time Preference,"
04, Development and Policies Research Center (DEPOCEN), Vietnam.
- Erol, Selman & Le Van, Cuong & Saglam, Cagri, 2011. "Existence, optimality and dynamics of equilibria with endogenous time preference," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 47(2), pages 170-179, March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Anne DAVISTER-LOGIST).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.