A study of the dynamic of influence through differential equations
AbstractThis paper proves the existence of competitive equilibrium in a single-sector dynamic economy with heterogeneous agents, elastic labor supply and complete assets markets. The method of proof relies on some recent results concerning the existence of Lagrande multipliers in infinite dimensional spaces and their representation as a summable sequence and a direct application of the inward boundary fixed point theorem.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1), Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne in its series Documents de travail du Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne with number 11023.
Length: 20 pages
Date of creation: Apr 2011
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 106-112 boulevard de l'Hôpital 75 647 PARIS CEDEX 13
Phone: + 33 44 07 81 00
Fax: + 33 1 44 07 83 01
Web page: http://centredeconomiesorbonne.univ-paris1.fr/
More information through EDIRC
Optimal growth model; Lagrange multipliers; competitive equilibrium; individually rational pareto optimum; elastic labor supply.;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C61 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Optimization Techniques; Programming Models; Dynamic Analysis
- D51 - Microeconomics - - General Equilibrium and Disequilibrium - - - Exchange and Production Economies
- E13 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - General Aggregative Models - - - Neoclassical
- O41 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - One, Two, and Multisector Growth Models
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Becker, Robert A, 1980. "On the Long-Run Steady State in a Simple Dynamic Model of Equilibrium with Heterogeneous Households," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 95(2), pages 375-82, September.
- LE VAN, Cuong & SAGLAM, H. Cagri, .
"Optimal growth models and the Lagrange multiplier,"
CORE Discussion Papers RP
-1748, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- repec:hal:cesptp:halshs-00197560 is not listed on IDEAS
- Cuong LE VAN & Yiannis VALAKIS, 2001.
"Existence of a competitive equilibrium in one sector growth model with heterogeneous agents and irreversible investment,"
Discussion Papers (IRES - Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales)
2001018, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
- Cuong Le Van & Yiannis Vailakis, 2003. "Existence of a competitive equilibrium in a one sector growth model with heterogeneous agents and irreversible investment," Economic Theory, Springer, vol. 22(4), pages 743-771, November.
- LE VAN, Cuong & VAILAKIS, Yiannis, . "Existence of a competitive equilibrium in a one sector growth model with heterogeneous agents and irreversible investment," CORE Discussion Papers RP -1762, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Le Van, Cuong & Nguyen, Manh-Hung & Vailakis, Yiannis, 2007.
"Equilibrium dynamics in an aggregative model of capital accumulation with heterogeneous agents and elastic labor,"
Journal of Mathematical Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 43(3-4), pages 287-317, April.
- Cuong Le Van & Manh Hung Nguyen & Yiannis Vailakis, 2005. "Equilibrium dynamics in an aggregative model of capital accumulation with heterogeneous agents and elastic labor," Cahiers de la Maison des Sciences Economiques b05096, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1).
- Cuong Le Van & Yiannis Vailakis, 2004. "Existence of competitive equilibrium in a single-sector growth model with elastic labour," Cahiers de la Maison des Sciences Economiques b04123, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1).
- Peleg, Bezalel & Yaari, Menahem E, 1970. "Markets with Countably Many Commodities," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 11(3), pages 369-77, October.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Lucie Label).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.