Costing Dust: Quantifying and valuing land use change for Integrated Catchment Management evaluation in the Murray-Darling Basin 1996/97 - 2000/01
AbstractThis study provides a broad scale assessment of the distribution and dynamics of agricultural land use and the economic returns to agricultural use of land and water resources from 1996/97 to 2000/01 in the Murray-Darling Basin (MDB), Australia. The aim of this study is to provide a spatially explicit, comprehensive, integrated, basin-wide summary as baseline data for informing Integrated Catchment Management policy in the MDB.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Policy and Economic Research Unit, CSIRO Land and Water, Adelaide, Australia in its series Natural Resource Management Economics with number 04_004.
Length: 151 pages
Date of creation: Nov 2004
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Policy & Economic Research Unit, CSIRO Land and Water, PMB2, Glen Osmond, South Australia 5064
Web page: http://www.clw.csiro.au/research/peru/
More information through EDIRC
Australia; agriculture; land; water;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- Q0 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - General
- Q1 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture
- Q2 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bastian, Chris T. & McLeod, Donald M. & Germino, Matthew J. & Reiners, William A. & Blasko, Benedict J., 2002. "Environmental amenities and agricultural land values: a hedonic model using geographic information systems data," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(3), pages 337-349, March.
- Martin de Santa Olalla, F. & Calera, A. & Dominguez, A., 2003. "Monitoring irrigation water use by combining Irrigation Advisory Service, and remotely sensed data with a geographic information system," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 61(2), pages 111-124, June.
- Ian J. Bateman & Christine Ennew & Andrew A. Lovett & Anthony J. Rayner, 1999. "Modelling and Mapping Agricultural Output Values Using Farm Specific Details and Environmental Databases," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 50(3), pages 488-511.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Marcia Sanderson).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.