The Theory of Access Pricing: an Overview for Infrastructure Regulators
AbstractThe paper provides policymakers and regulators with an overview of the more relevant theoretical issues related to the pricing of access to ensure that the political debate around practical concerns is solidly grounded. The paper discusses in detail the importance of access pricing in the context of: 1) a liberalized and vertically separated industry, 2) liberalized but vertically integrated industries, 3) unregulated access (private negotiations).
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers in its series CEPR Discussion Papers with number 2133.
Date of creation: Apr 1999
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Centre for Economic Policy Research, 77 Bastwick Street, London EC1V 3PZ
Phone: 44 - 20 - 7183 8801
Fax: 44 - 20 - 7183 8820
Other versions of this item:
- Valletti, Tommaso M. & Estache, Antonio, 1999. "The theory of access pricing : an overview for infrastructure regulators," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2097, The World Bank.
- D4 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure and Pricing
- L1 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance
- L9 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Transportation and Utilities
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Giovannetti, E., 2000.
"Interconnection, Differentiation and Bottlenecks in the Internet,"
Cambridge Working Papers in Economics
0011, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Giovannetti, Emanuele, 2002. "Interconnection, differentiation and bottlenecks in the Internet," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 385-404, September.
- Aldaba, Rafaelita M., 2003. "Regulatory Policies and Reforms in the Power and Downstream Oil Industries," Discussion Papers DP 2003-16, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
- Markos Tselekounis & Dimitris Varoutas & Drakoulis Martakos, 2012. "On the social optimality of make-or-buy decisions," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 41(2), pages 238-268, April.
- Aldaba, Rafaelita M., . "Regulatory Policies and Reforms in the Power and Downstream Oil Industries," Philippine Journal of Development, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
- Chisari, Omar & Ferro, Gustavo, 2011.
"Tópicos de Economía de la Regulación de los Servicios Públicos,"
UADE Textos de DiscusiÃ³n
65_2011, Instituto de Economía, Universidad Argentina de la Empresa.
- Gustavo Ferro & Omar Chisari, 2010. "Tópicos de Economía de la Regulación de los Servicios Públicos," Working Papers hal-00473038, HAL.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.