On the social optimality of make-or-buy decisions
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Journal of Regulatory Economics.
Volume (Year): 41 (2012)
Issue (Month): 2 (April)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=100298
Access regulation; Downstream competition; Investment incentives; Productive efficiency; Social welfare; Telecommunications; L43; L51; L96;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- L43 - Industrial Organization - - Antitrust Issues and Policies - - - Legal Monopolies and Regulation or Deregulation
- L51 - Industrial Organization - - Regulation and Industrial Policy - - - Economics of Regulation
- L96 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Transportation and Utilities - - - Telecommunications
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Gayle Philip G. & Weisman Dennis L., 2007. "Efficiency Trade-Offs in the Design of Competition Policy for the Telecommunications Industry," Review of Network Economics, De Gruyter, vol. 6(3), pages 1-21, September.
- David E. M Sappington, 2005. "On the Irrelevance of Input Prices for Make-or-Buy Decisions," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 95(5), pages 1631-1638, December.
- Martin Cave & Luigi Prosperetti, 2001. "European Telecommunications Infrastructures," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 17(3), pages 416-431.
- M. Bourreau & P. Dogan, .
"Build or Buy Strategies in the Local Loop,"
33647, Harvard University OpenScholar.
- Estache, Antonio & Valletti, Tommaso, 1999.
"The Theory of Access Pricing: an Overview for Infrastructure Regulators,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
2133, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Valletti, Tommaso M. & Estache, Antonio, 1999. "The theory of access pricing : an overview for infrastructure regulators," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2097, The World Bank.
- Cave, Martin & Vogelsang, Ingo, 0. "How access pricing and entry interact," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 27(10-11), pages 717-727, November.
- SHIM, Sunghee & OH, Jungsuk, 2006. "Service Bundling and the Role of Access Charge in the Broadband Internet Service Market," MPRA Paper 3553, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Philip Gayle & Dennis Weisman, 2007. "Are input prices irrelevant for make-or-buy decisions?," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 32(2), pages 195-207, October.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.